ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK on patterns with Ict visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nik_is_it
Newly Registered

Child born in UK on patterns with Ict visa

Post by nik_is_it » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:56 pm

Hello

I tried searching but could not get answer.

I'm on tier 2 Ict visa until jan 2018 and my wife is on my dependent visa, we came to UK in 2012 and both work in the same company

We are having our baby next month and I had queries whether

1. How can we apply for babies' passport and visa
2. how long does the visa and passport process takes and costs
3. Will the baby also get tier 2 Ict visa dependent until January 2018
4. Can we apply for any other visa category like tier 4 for the baby and we both take dependent visa based on baby (to avoid the 1yr cooling off) or any other ways

Many thanks for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born in UK on patterns with Ict visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:03 am

1. How can we apply for babies' passport and visa Apply for a passport at your embassy in the UK (assuming baby is in the UK), them complete PBS Dependent form for the visa (in person appointment or by post)
2. how long does the visa and passport process takes and costs Passport depends on your embassy. Visa varies depending on whether you apply in person or by post. Cost of visa is on the PBS Dependent form. Passport cost you need to contact your embassy or check their website.
3. Will the baby also get tier 2 Ict visa dependent until January 2018 Yes, it will be valid in line with parents.
4. Can we apply for any other visa category like tier 4 for the baby and we both take dependent visa based on baby (to avoid the 1yr cooling off) or any other ways No, you cannot, the baby cannot be a student if still a baby. Why are you asking about 1 year cooling off? Do you wish to switch to Tier 4 or Tier 2 G yourself or for your partner?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:05 am

Are you planning on travelling?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nik_is_it
Newly Registered

Post by nik_is_it » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
1. How can we apply for babies' passport and visa Apply for a passport at your embassy in the UK (assuming baby is in the UK), them complete PBS Dependent form for the visa (in person appointment or by post)
2. how long does the visa and passport process takes and costs Passport depends on your embassy. Visa varies depending on whether you apply in person or by post. Cost of visa is on the PBS Dependent form. Passport cost you need to contact your embassy or check their website.
3. Will the baby also get tier 2 Ict visa dependent until January 2018 Yes, it will be valid in line with parents.
4. Can we apply for any other visa category like tier 4 for the baby and we both take dependent visa based on baby (to avoid the 1yr cooling off) or any other ways No, you cannot, the baby cannot be a student if still a baby. Why are you asking about 1 year cooling off? Do you wish to switch to Tier 4 or Tier 2 G yourself or for your partner?
Yes, we both are on Tier 2 ICT currently post 2010 change and need to understand if there is any other route to get ICT and avoid cooling off period

nik_is_it
Newly Registered

Post by nik_is_it » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:04 pm

vinny wrote:Are you planning on travelling?
yes, when the baby is 2-3 months

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:17 pm

You will have to find a visa that either yourself or your spouse qualifies for. You cannot apply for a visa for a baby and be their dependent, it doesn't work like that.

Your spouse must either apply for Tier 2 General and you as Tier 2 G dependent, or stay as you are on ICT.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.