ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval of Naturalisation application during holiday

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Miangee

Approval of Naturalisation application during holiday

Post by Miangee » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:41 pm

Hi all member

Could you plz help me to explain in this situation
I am waiting for approval of my wife naturalisation application we have applied through NCS and bio metric has been done since two months
Now we are going for holidays as she has passport and ILR card handy
My question and my fear is only if her application will be approved during outside the UK then
Can she still use ILR card to enter UK and will not be any probs or she need to get returning resident visa to attend the ceremony.
As some peoples says that ILR BRP are cancelled after become british citizen
Any senior plz shed on this or any member personal experience whose nationality approved during outside UK and travel back on ILR with out any problems on airport
Thanks

noajthan

Re: Approval of Naturalisation application during holiday

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:10 am

Miangee wrote:Hi all member

Could you plz help me to explain in this situation
I am waiting for approval of my wife naturalisation application we have applied through NCS and bio metric has been done since two months
Now we are going for holidays as she has passport and ILR card handy
My question and my fear is only if her application will be approved during outside the UK then
Can she still use ILR card to enter UK and will not be any probs or she need to get returning resident visa to attend the ceremony.
As some peoples says that ILR BRP are cancelled after become british citizen
Any senior plz shed on this or any member personal experience whose nationality approved during outside UK and travel back on ILR with out any problems on airport
Thanks
An adult applicant for the privilege of citizenship only becomes a UK citizen on attending the oath-taking citizenship ceremony and swearing or affirming allegiance;
(assuming the application is successful).

Until that time one is not British & previous visa status remains in place;
(including ILR/BRP).

On that basis your wife should be able to travel & reenter UK on her BRP.
(ILR/BRP only become null & void after the oath-taking citizenship ceremony).

Note once a naturalisation application has been approved there are time limits around arranging & attending the ceremony; don't go for a gap year.

Bon voyage.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.