ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA FOR RC INSTEAD OF PC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jdein
Newly Registered

COA FOR RC INSTEAD OF PC

Post by Jdein » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:46 pm

Hello,
I have received my COA today after applying for a EEA Permanent Residence on the 1st of September. The document however starts with " Thank you for your application for a Residence Card". I have had two (5 year) residence cards already issued, first under as a family member of an EEA national and then under retained rights following divorce.

I am suspecting that after 4-6 months wait, I will be issued with another residence card. The fact that the COA also states "not to make any travel plans until they returned passport" seems also suggest the application is considered for a residence card instead of PR. As far as I know, PR document is issued as an independent document and hence passport can be requested back.

I would welcome any suggestions on the steps I should take to clarify this.
If you have received COA under PR application, did the document clearly state that your application was for Permanent Residence.

Many Thanks

rods
Newly Registered

Re: COA FOR RC INSTEAD OF PC

Post by rods » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:52 pm

This happens to me as well. i did not note that the COA had the wrong wording until I received another RC.

I believe there is an email where you can request a new COA. Just send an email about their mistake and ask for the COA with the correct wording.