ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR (absences from UK letter) urgent help required

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sk8rprick
Newly Registered

Tier 2 to ILR (absences from UK letter) urgent help required

Post by sk8rprick » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Dear all
I will soon become eligible to apply for ILR having completed 5 years on tier 2. However, I have come up against a major issue and need some advice.

During one of of my five years on Tier 2 General, I was on shifts and was allowed additional time off because of this. I was outside the UK for 80 days during this year as I had additional holidays. As I am working with a different employer now, my previous employer is not providing me any details of my work pattern (will only provide standard reference letter with no mention of work pattern or absences).

Is there any way around this or will my ILR definitely be refused because of this. Please let me know what your thoughts are as I am extremely stressed.

Thanks for your help.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 to ILR (absences from UK letter) urgent help requ

Post by iworker » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:40 am

there is nothing to be stressed about.
you had less than 180 leaves in a year, so you will be fine.
at most, you should request your tax history from hmrc to show that you were being paid in uk while you were away.

sk8rprick
Newly Registered

Post by sk8rprick » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Thanks for your reply iworker. it seems to be that evidence needs to be provided for all absences, even the ones below 180.

can other friends please share their opinion on too.

thanks

sk8rprick
Newly Registered

Post by sk8rprick » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:35 pm

Dear members
Please let me know your views on the matter as I feel my ILR is in serious jeopardy. Please also let me know if anyone has experienced something similar.

thanks