ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year Work History Help Strange Immigration History

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sabrina006
Newly Registered

10 year Work History Help Strange Immigration History

Post by sabrina006 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:27 pm

Hi I need an urgent help and posting this on behalf of my best friend as he is not in this group..please comment...he came to UK in 1992 with parent under dependent visa..in 2010 as a family got indefinite leave to remain EXCEPT him according to their long residency (legal and illegal status mixed)..the solicitor lost his passport and then a 6month gap created to his leave .he applied for indefinite leave and got approved on 2010..afterwards he applied for naturalisation in 2011,he got refusal for his that 6month gap and HO stated that he needs to wait for 5more years to apply for naturalisation. Now he is ready to apply for naturalisation using AN form..he is stuck in employment history as he needs to record all 10yrs work ,when he started his work 10yrs back.he never understand importance of it because all his parents doing for them.so he think he might work illegally. But now he confused.what he do for this employment record and do he need to explain his background for naturalisation application? He have got letter from HO to apply for passport this year in July but he is applaprreciated is in full time job and his parents already got passport back in 2011..please help..ur comments are appreciated

zzzindagi

Re: 10 year Work History Help Strange Immigration History

Post by zzzindagi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:27 am

He should write the dates when he started working and paying tax and NI to HMRC. HO may ask later that how was he supporting himself in the UK when he was not working. So he can reply them that he was supported by his parents.
ZR

sabrina006
Newly Registered

Post by sabrina006 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:40 am

Thanks zr
Question isn't paying about tax..my question is "he might worked while he didn't have visa in anytime of last 10 years". Could you please tell me whether my friend record all of his employment record in that form ?then if HO ask that (suppose)u were not allowed to work in 2006 but he worked in that time,wil he be refused?
Thanks in advance

User1982
Newly Registered

Post by User1982 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:51 pm

Hi Let me explain the situation.

1992- I was 10 years old and entered UK as a dependent under my father. I didn't have a passport and was under my mother's passport.

2000- At age 18 years, I Received my own passport. Visa was still under my father's dependent.

2003- Applied for ILR under discretionary/compassionate ground while VISA was still under my dad’s name/ dependent.

2004- My solicitors informed HO refused my 2003 application and they will apply for VISA extension. I started my first professional job by then. My work asked me very little as to if I am legal or not.

Between 2004 and 2008, I did not heard back from HO, as they misplaced my case work for 4 year, and once they found my case work, they started on it.

June 2009- I was involved in a car accident and I had received 4 points on my driving license and fee.

2009- LVR was granted until Jan 2010, and I was able to take up any work. By by already this time I was working professionally, whenever I was asked about my Visa by my employer, I simply said it is under consideration and showed them my letter from HO that I received when my solicitors applied in 2004.

Jan 2010- Applied for extension on Visa. When application was granted, my solicitors asked HO to change this application to ILR. Continued to work as normal as I was eligible.

June 2010 - HO informed my solicitor that the right fee should be paid, as the fee for ILR application is higher.

July 2010 - Application received/processed by HO to start ILR process. Continued to work as normal.

Oct 2010 - ILR was granted.

Jan 2012 - Applied for Naturalization.

April 2012- HO refused as I had unspent conviction/traffic offence, and they said wait 5 years from June 2009.

June 2014- Applied for Naturalization (2nd).

April 2015- HO refused as they claim I was stayed 'illegally' from Jan 2010 to July 2010 when I applied for naturalisation. But the fact is applied for Visa extension on Jan 2010, and then application was changed during HO deccession. Which they accepted. It was written I would be eligible to re-apply 5 years from July 2010.

Oct 2015- Going for Naturalization (3rd) I waited until now as it would be safer to apply because I would have a clear 5 years stay from the day I was granted ILR.

My question is regarding the below, as I am worried that the Home Office may say that I was working without permission before my status was legalised in the UK in last 10 year period. As they already claim I overstayed from Jan 2010 to June 2010, which is not true (but how do you correct a case worker?!).

I would like to have your thought on it.

------ ----------- ------ ----------- ------ -----------
Section 9.7 (c) of Annexure D of Chapter 18 of Nationality Instructions;
9.7 Evasion of immigration control
The decision maker will normally refuse an application if within the 10 years
preceding the application the person has not been compliant with immigration
requirements, including but not limited to having:
a. failed to report
b. failed to comply with any conditions imposed under the Immigration Acts
c. been detected working in the UK without permission