ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - children born in UK with limited leave expiring

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zain_mustapha
Newly Registered

ILR - children born in UK with limited leave expiring

Post by zain_mustapha » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Hello Gurus,

Before I am told about links where my query is probably answered I want to apologise in advance for my ignorance. However I have scouted the forum and didn't get an answer with clarity & surety.

I am applying for ILR (Set (0)/Tier 1 (G)) mid Dec. We are a family of 5 (myself/wife/3 children <18). Two of my daughters were born here in UK and limited leave similar to rest of the family which expires early Jan 2016. All of us back then applied for extension as we needed to travel last year.

QUESTION
While I know I can skip having my daughters in the ILR application and apply for their registration (MN1) as soon as we (wife/myself) get an ILR (god willing in Dec). I wanted to ask is the above true also for my children who already have LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN as my girls did leave UK and come back?

Thanks a ton!

Zain

vinny

Re: ILR - children born in UK with limited leave expiring

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:25 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zain_mustapha
Newly Registered

Post by zain_mustapha » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for your revert. I have gone through the link which captures a post from you stating:
"After a parent is granted ILR, child is entitled to register for British citizenship, IRRESPECTIVE OF CHILD'S IMMIGRATION STATUS".

Clear. So even though my UK born children have another passport, limited leave none matters and I can register (MN1 form) them once I get ILR. Too much at stake, so I'd appreciate you/other seniors can confirm my eventual assessment?

Thanks

Zain

zain_mustapha
Newly Registered

ILR - Passport Close to Expiry

Post by zain_mustapha » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi Gurus,

I have tried looking up info but none was confirmed. My Tier 1 (General) visa expires 11th Jan'16 and I am planning to book a PEO, ILR appointment for 14th Dec '15. My passport expires 1st May 2016 (less than 6 months expiry at time of PEO visit). Would this be a concern? For some personal reasons I cannot travel to London/Embassy to renew my passport right now.

Appreciate if someone can confirm from personal experience as well.

Many thanks

Zain

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:10 pm

So even though my UK born children have another passport, limited leave none matters and I can register (MN1 form) them once I get ILR.
Yes, UK born children don't require ILR as they have an entitlement to register on MN1 once a parent gets ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Passport Close to Expiry

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:10 pm

No issue at all. There is no requirement to have a certain amount of validity on your foreign passport, it must just be valid at the time of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zain_mustapha
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - Passport Close to Expiry

Post by zain_mustapha » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:30 pm

Thank you so much Char for your clarification reply.

zain_mustapha
Newly Registered

Post by zain_mustapha » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks Char for your straight talking reply.

zain_mustapha
Newly Registered

Section 4 - Clear Clarification

Post by zain_mustapha » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi Gurus,
I have read all posts concerning my query so I'd appreciate people gave answers here as opposed to sending links for me to peruse elsewhere.
Applying with my wife who has cleared the B1, SELT Eng test from Trinity College (ticked 4.3) whereas I am proving my English via the points calculator/UK NARIC has confirmed.

For 4.5 till 4.8 do I leave it blank assuming it is asking details of main applicant ?

Conversely should I fill details for my wife as I have all inputs to fill the boxes plus no where else am I putting her language test details?
Thanks
Zain

zain_mustapha
Newly Registered

SET(0) Form Section 4 HELP!

Post by zain_mustapha » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Hello Gurus,

Before I am told about links where my query is probably answered I want to apologise in advance for my ignorance. However I have scouted the forum and didn't get an answer with clarity & surety.

I am applying for ILR (Set (0)/Tier 1 (G)) mid Dec. We are a family of 5 (myself/wife/3 children <18). Two of my daughters were born here in UK and limited leave similar to rest of the family which expires early Jan 2016. All of us back then applied for extension as we needed to travel last year.

QUESTION
While I know I can skip having my daughters in the ILR application and apply for their registration (MN1) as soon as we (wife/myself) get an ILR (god willing in Dec). I wanted to ask is the above true also for my children who already have LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN as my girls did leave UK and come back?

Thanks a ton!

Zain

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET(0) Form Section 4 HELP!

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Children born in the UK DO NOT require ILR or a valid visa to register on MN1. They have an entitlement to register due to being born in the UK. Have a valid visa and traveling in/out of UK is irrelvent to their MN1 applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)