ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should we highlight salary transactions in bank statement?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:03 am

Hi,

Is this recommended or not? because if we do so then there may be chance that the case worker have doubts about its originality?

Anyone who have applied before? or highlighted transactions.

Thanks,
JD

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:10 am

@jd,

You can show your transactions by highlighting with a highlighter, i did this way and i dont see any problem in this.

Cheers
ikon

pinnacle

Post by pinnacle » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:55 am

JD,

I think it is good to highlight salary transactions for HO's comfort. I did the same way. I ticked all the 12 transactions on my bank statement

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:53 am

ikon1400, pinnacle,

Thanks for your comments - really helpful!

I've one hurdle (I think) left to courier my application.
*******Spelling mistakes!!!!

My surname is "Umar" but on ITR it is written as "Umer" which is mistake of my employer. This is resolved (I think). As in the letter from employer they have mentioned that it was done mistakenly and corrections done for future.

In bank account my surname is "Omar" and same is printed on bank statement. One thing, address on the statement is same as my correspondence address. I think I'll explain them that there is a mistake in spellings but the address is corroborating with my correspondence address. Also I'll provide address and phone numbers to contact bank for verification.

What you guys think? will this do for me?

Thanks,
JD

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:13 pm

JD,

I put colour post-it flags against each transaction. That way, I wasn't "tampering" with the original document and the Case Worker could take them off if they wanted to photocopy.

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:28 pm

goldfish,

thanks for your comments.
Can you please explain what type these post it were? and how you stick that onto statement. I know its very difficult to explain by writing.

Thanks,
JD
goldfish wrote:JD,

I put colour post-it flags against each transaction. That way, I wasn't "tampering" with the original document and the Case Worker could take them off if they wanted to photocopy.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Should we highlight salary transactions in bank statemen

Post by pantaiema » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:50 pm

It is advisable to do so. As it will make the CW easier to pick up this important information.

Good luck with your application
jd wrote:Hi,

Is this recommended or not? because if we do so then there may be chance that the case worker have doubts about its originality?

Anyone who have applied before? or highlighted transactions.

Thanks,
JD
Pantaiema

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:57 pm

Hi,
Instead of highlighting the bank statment with a highlighter, what I would suggest is to, write the page number details in the convering letter of the previous earnings section.

This I guess is a better way of presenting rathering than highlighting the original bankstatment.

This also helps the case worker in locating that page number in bank statement (provided you have page numbers in the statement), rather than check each and individual page for highlighted marks..

Cheers
PG

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:57 pm

My bank statement (from Oct 2006 to Oct 2007) is on only three pages and i'm also mentioning dates when my salary was credited.

Thanks,
JD

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:06 pm

MyHSMPApplication

What you said ias also a good point. But remember, your bank statement donot necesssarily the same with someone else bank statement. Imagine you have bank statement with 3 pages, every montg, depend on ho many transaction you have during that month. By higlighting that bank statement it will help the CW to spot the necessary information.

MyHSMPApplication wrote:Hi,
Instead of highlighting the bank statment with a highlighter, what I would suggest is to, write the page number details in the convering letter of the previous earnings section.

This I guess is a better way of presenting rathering than highlighting the original bankstatment.

This also helps the case worker in locating that page number in bank statement (provided you have page numbers in the statement), rather than check each and individual page for highlighted marks..

Cheers
PG
Pantaiema

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:37 pm

Thanks pantaiema,

Last question, won't this create doubt in CW's mind that the statement is not genuine?

Thanks,
JD

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:39 pm

I believe many will agree, higlighting a statement will not reduced the originality of the documents.

The originality of the document could be seen from the docuemnt itselves.
jd wrote:Thanks pantaiema,

Last question, won't this create doubt in CW's mind that the statement is not genuine?

Thanks,
JD
Pantaiema

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:29 pm

someone said in a post that they called the HO and was told not to highlight but tick next to the amount in question.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:23 pm

We ALWAYS highlight, and it is never a problem.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

alina76

Post by alina76 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:58 pm

I have highlighted my salary transaction in my statement. Got approval .

prem12

Post by prem12 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:51 pm

The question here is not of getting apprval or that of practise.
We knw that it can create problems while taking photocopy of the document, then why not avoid highlighting and prefer ticking.
________
MY WEBCAMS HOOKUP
Last edited by prem12 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:18 pm

There is nothing wrong in any of the above messages.....it is just you are trying to make aware of the transactions to the case worker. For sure there wont be any issues with the originality.......

I dont think we need to drag this thread this long..........it is just the way you present to the caseworker.......more easier (way u present) the better chances......good luck........

majic

Post by majic » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:27 am

I suggest you what somebody suggested me on the same topic in a different thread on this forum.

Dont highlight anything on the Bank Statement. I have used Pointer Tags. They are arrow like sticky notes. I places an arrow in front of each Salary Credit.

This way the case worker wont be able to say that the statement has been tempered with or anything. These are just sticky notes. If he/she doesnt like them he can remove them.

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:48 am

I put * in beggining and end of each of the salary transaction, mentioned the same in cover letter and got approval also.