ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timelines: AUG-2007 Update

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hussie
Newly Registered

Citizenship timelines: AUG-2007 Update

Post by hussie » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:19 pm

Hi guys

I applied in MAR-2006 for the first time. Had some admin issues, and then successfully resubmitted my citizenship application in AUG-2006.

In SEP (07) I received a letter now stating the following:
- It is likely that my application will take longer than 30 months.
- They are currently examining applications in 2005.

2005 is between 1.75 and 2.75 years ago. So it seems like the average is close to 27 months now. Considering that they warned me about the 30 months, I guess they are not busy with OCT'05 applications now but rather in the vicinity of MAY'05. This is of course pure speculation.

Regards
Hussie

mendo

Post by mendo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:58 pm

Well, thank you very much for the update!

My friend applied in April '05 and he hasn't received anything yet.

Mendo
________
PETER HIRT
Last edited by mendo on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:15 am

That is absolutely appalling that they can make people wait so long for a decision that should only take a few hours to make!
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

MikeL
Newly Registered

Post by MikeL » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:00 pm

^^^I agree. I applied for naturalisation in September 2005. The initial acknowledgement letter I received said that my application would be examined in early 2007. In September 2007 I wrote to them asking what was going on, and they told me that the processing time was now 30 months.

Is this ludicrous delay legal in terms of EU law? I seem to recall that there is an EU directive which gives maximum allowable processing times for naturalisation/permanent residence etc applications, but I can't find it now. Does anyone have any information in this regard?

Mike

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:58 pm

I think Ireland needs to ask the British government to come in and help them to run a streamlined naturalisation process such as the one in the UK. Because they are clearly incapable of doing it themselves.

I also read about a proposed directive that would set times for naturalisation but I don't believe such a directive would be accepted by member states as this immediately brings up sovereignty issues, and we know how well that goes down, just look at the implementation of current immigration related directives, every country interprets it to suit themselves and often this is completely against the spirit of the original directive (EU1 fiasco in Ireland etc).

microlab

Post by microlab » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:52 pm

streamlined naturalisation process such as the one in the UK.
That is only recently that they improved service(3-4 years).
I`d waited 22 months from the moment I applied till I got my passport prior to that.

MikeL
Newly Registered

Post by MikeL » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:01 pm

I've found the directive which stipulates a maximum of 6 months for processing long-term residency applications (it's EU Council Directive 2003/109/EC), but I don't think there's one for naturalisation.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:59 am

MikeL wrote:I've found the directive which stipulates a maximum of 6 months for processing long-term residency applications (it's EU Council Directive 2003/109/EC), but I don't think there's one for naturalisation.
Ireland and the UK are exempt from it!

greentea

Post by greentea » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:28 am

It is really frustrating.
the anti-immigrants voice is louder than ever recently, combined with some new and fast enforced immigration measures (for example, this morning heard on news talk that non-eu child is asked to go to fee paying primary school by DOJ, otherwise has to be sent back to home country)

i am really doubt if the government will do what it is written in the law and we are entitled.

injasuti
Newly Registered

30 months + how much longer?

Post by injasuti » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:20 am

I received a notice that they started processing my July 2005 application for naturalisation in mid-Feb 2008. Anyone know how much longer will the actual processing will take? What's you experience? I can't get an answer out of them...

mendo

Post by mendo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:39 am

When have you received the notice, was it last week?
Have you sent them a letter and requested an update?

Regards,

Mendo
________
YAMAHA CS1X
Last edited by mendo on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:52 am

Facts:
1) 10% population in IRL immigrants. We can even elect members to Dail in future.
2) We, immigrants don't protest and just accept the things they are.
3) Immigrants bodies don't take up the issues faced by the legal
immigrants
4) It suits govt to delay the applications for the reasons best known to
them.

If, we protest or send letters/Greeting Card to Prime Minister/Justice Minister, the issues & inefficiencies can atleast be highlighted. Unfortunately, we don't do anything except participating in Forums and expecting Govt to process applications promptly.

This is purely my personal view.

Regards