ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Registratrion Certificate --- Help Please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bouncingboy
Newly Registered

Police Registratrion Certificate --- Help Please

Post by bouncingboy » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:31 am

I have a situation where one of my good old friend needs a favour from me. Please can someone help me on this issue

My friend was living in UK on work permit category from 2001 - 2003
After that he left to india and applied for a canada immigration. Now he has received the Immigration approval

But the canada officials have asked for a Police clearance certificate from UK for the period (2001-2003) he was living here.

Now he is back in India and he wants me to help him out in getting this police clearance certificate

Anyone on this message board can help me out ?

Thanks

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:58 am

Hi,

He needs to apply for Subject Access ("police check") to one of the Police Stations where he lived during those years. Not every Police Station deals with this matter. Subject Access is the printout of the information from Police National Computer. Any criminal convictions including driving offences (endorsable) are recorded on individual's file in PNC. If there is nothing recorded the Police will issue a letter confirming that nothing is recorded.
My suggestion would be to go through several police stations online (usually www.countyname.police.uk, for example www.thamesvalley.police.uk for Thames Valley area) and read which one would accept the request for the Subject Access.
There is an administration fee of £10.

In addition to that, the person can apply to Criminal Records Bureau www.crb.gov.uk where he will find instructions how to apply for an extract from their database, that also stores anyone's criminal records. There is also an administration fee of £15 (I think).

I am sure these two documents will be sufficient.

All the best

J.A.

bouncingboy
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by bouncingboy » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:42 pm

Thanks a lot