ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a Cubs leader be my son's referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhkhan

Can a Cubs leader be my son's referee

Post by mhkhan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:09 am

Hello All,

I have a 12-year-old son who is now a Scout. 2 years ago he was a member of Cubs in our neighbourhood and the Cubs leader knows him well even after leaving that group. Can he be the referee?

I understand for minor referees, the 3-year condition is not required although this Cubs leader knows him for 3+ years.

I am not asking anyone from his high school because they will not be willing to give personal address but the Cubs leader would.

Appreciate your help.

noajthan

Re: Can a Cubs leader be my son's referee

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:00 pm

mhkhan wrote:...

I am not asking anyone from his high school because they will not be willing to give personal address but the Cubs leader would.

Appreciate your help.
As per HO guidance personal addresses of referees do not have to be disclosed, ref:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 6_v5_0.pdf
- see para. 6.3.7.9
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mhkhan

Re: Can a Cubs leader be my son's referee

Post by mhkhan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:59 pm

As per HO guidance personal addresses of referees do not have to be disclosed, ref:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 6_v5_0.pdf
- see para. 6.3.7.9[/quote]

Thank you but the section on Referees says something like "please put the address if you were not in the current address for the last three years". Or is that still not required. I obviously will not be comfortable if there is a doubt. So back to the original question, can the Cubs leader be one?

Thanks again.