ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1 to H1B

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anand.neeli
Newly Registered

B1 to H1B

Post by anand.neeli » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:54 pm

Hi,
I'm working in India and applied for H1B(through a company in US). My H1B is still in process. Now i have to go to US on a B1(through my employer in India) for 2 months.[Note that the two employers for my H1B and B1 are different]

If my H1B gets approved I’ll quit my present job in India. I have following doubts if my H1B gets approved during my stay in US.
[Also note that I have to come back to India to quit my present job]

1) If my H1b get approved during my stay in US(on B1) can i get my H1B stamping done in US or do i have to come to India for that?

2) If my H1b get approved during my stay in US(on B1), What should be the best approach to follow so as to get my H1B without any hassles?

Thanks,
AKN

ashutoshbhatt
Newly Registered

Post by ashutoshbhatt » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:44 am

Hi Anand,

I have a similar case...i have a B1 and my employers in india (HQ in usa)
want to send me to US on H1B.
How cabn i get one done and help them out.
PLease let me know

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:42 pm

Easiest route is likely to have your H1-B visa stamped in India (you can only get visas stamped outside the U.S. anyway).

Why would you want to do things any other way?