ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applied on older version of AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hakram
Newly Registered

applied on older version of AN form

Post by hakram » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:54 pm

Hey guys

I applied on 4th June 2015 through ncs.
But I have just realised that by the time applied there was new version of form out.
So I applied using older version of form.

Is there anyone in similar position at me?
Also has anyone been through similar experience as me and what can I do now?

Regards
Hassan

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: applied on older version of AN form

Post by chocolateorange88 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:58 pm

You should be fine. If it wasn't they SHOULD send it back to you asking to fill in new form but if NCS didn't question it, it should be okay.

Under what basis did you apply ( tier based or spouse of BC) and any response yet?

penanglang1975
Newly Registered

Post by penanglang1975 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi, I applied on 17 April 2015 using older form (June 2014 version, the one without biometrics) and I received my approval two weeks ago, just over five weeks but below the 6 months mark. I applied through NCS as well and I was informed by NCS officer that it would take longer but HO would still accept. I was asked to submit biometrics as well even though the older form does not have this provision. you should be fine too. Good luck.

hakram
Newly Registered

Post by hakram » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:20 pm

chocolateorange88 wrote:You should be fine. If it wasn't they SHOULD send it back to you asking to fill in new form but if NCS didn't question it, it should be okay.

Under what basis did you apply ( tier based or spouse of BC) and any response yet?
I applied on tier 1 + ilr basis.
So far I have had a letter confirming payment receipt.
And another letter asking to submit biometric details at post office. Which I have done.

hakram
Newly Registered

Post by hakram » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:39 pm

penanglang1975 wrote:Hi, I applied on 17 April 2015 using older form (June 2014 version, the one without biometrics) and I received my approval two weeks ago, just over five weeks but below the 6 months mark. I applied through NCS as well and I was informed by NCS officer that it would take longer but HO would still accept. I was asked to submit biometrics as well even though the older form does not have this provision. you should be fine too. Good luck.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is certainly very reassuring.
I read your other post in another topic, where you were thinking of writing to home office to cancel your cheque.
What made you decide against doing that.
Did you get a reply from home office contradicting advise their advisor gave you on phone.?

Thanks once again for your reply

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:05 am

I applied on the 12th June 2015 using version 04/15 (old version). I got my approval last month, and have also got my naturalisation certificate.
So, hopefully it should be alright
Goodluck

penanglang1975
Newly Registered

Post by penanglang1975 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:03 am

hakram wrote:
penanglang1975 wrote:Hi, I applied on 17 April 2015 using older form (June 2014 version, the one without biometrics) and I received my approval two weeks ago, just over five weeks but below the 6 months mark. I applied through NCS as well and I was informed by NCS officer that it would take longer but HO would still accept. I was asked to submit biometrics as well even though the older form does not have this provision. you should be fine too. Good luck.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is certainly very reassuring.
I read your other post in another topic, where you were thinking of writing to home office to cancel your cheque.
What made you decide against doing that.
Did you get a reply from home office contradicting advise their advisor gave you on phone.?

Thanks once again for your reply
I didn't write to Home Office in the end as I called NCS and told them about the instructions to cancel the cheque. NCS advised me to ignore and not to worry. If I had acted on their instruction, it would have been a real disaster. Thank god.

hakram
Newly Registered

Post by hakram » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Thank you for your guidance and replies.
Thankfully I got approval letter today in post.

:D