ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEAFP initial residence, ECO asking for employment proof

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mithras
Newly Registered

EEAFP initial residence, ECO asking for employment proof

Post by mithras » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:34 am

Hello,

We have just made an EEA family permit application stating I will accompany my spouse to the UK. Now I get an email from the Embassy correspondence unit asking for the following documents:

Evidences of your sponsor funds
· Evidences of your sponsor accommodation in UK
· Evidences of your sponsor UK employment

This is obviously not needed as we are not in the Uk and intending to use our initial right of residence. I checked the application form and I stated we live together currently and we checked the box that we intended to travel to the UK together.

Please advise on how to respond to this. Sohuld I instead submit a letter pointing out the right to initial residence for 3 months under the EU directives?

Nepenthe
Newly Registered

Re: EEAFP initial residence, ECO asking for employment proof

Post by Nepenthe » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:05 am

Hello mithras,

We are in the process of completing the application as well, and the questions are very confusing.

Hubby and I do not reside in the UK and planning to travel together to permanently work and live there. Currently work in Dubai, is it necessary to add EU national employment details eventhough I do not work in the UK yet?

Also, is it required to add the finance details for both of us and submit bank statements? How is this relevant?

Thanks,