ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could I submit the visa extension app 3 months earlier?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mythbust
BANNED

Could I submit the visa extension app 3 months earlier?

Post by mythbust » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:19 pm

My spouse visa will expire in Feb 2016, could I mail it out now? I just want to sort it out before Xmas so that I can go travelling without worries.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Could I submit the visa extension app 3 months earlier?

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:34 pm

What date did your visa start and when did you enter the UK? Was your initial visa valid for 33 months?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:18 pm

CR001 wrote:What date did your visa start and when did you enter the UK? Was your initial visa valid for 33 months?
Thanks for reply. yes its a 33 month spouse visa. my husband has an ILR visa.

I want to apply by mail, which means it will take 2 months before it comes to conclude. Will that be ok because the visa approval will anyway take place within 28 days to the expiry date of my current visa.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:44 pm

CR001 wrote:What date did your visa start and when did you enter the UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:53 pm

You may apply for SET(M) no sooner than 28 days prior to the 5th anniversary of your initial entry into the UK on your spouse visa and, preferably, before your leave expires.

Do appreciate that the 30 month FLR(M) period will start from the date of the decision. If possible, you would want to have sufficient leave for SET(M), without making another unnecessary FLR(M) application prior to your SET(M) application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:01 pm

vinny wrote:
CR001 wrote:What date did your visa start and when did you enter the UK?
It's 28/07/2013, and I guess it is no problem to have 60 months if I apply earlier.

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:53 am

vinny wrote:You may apply for SET(M) no sooner than 28 days prior to the 5th anniversary of your initial entry into the UK on your spouse visa and, preferably, before your leave expires.

Do appreciate that the 30 month FLR(M) period will start from the date of the decision. If possible, you would want to have sufficient leave for SET(M), without making another unnecessary FLR(M) application prior to your SET(M) application.

Thanks for your reply!

So I can choose to extend my FLR visa earlier as far as I have in total 60 months of both periods?