ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds vs A-Rated sponsor's COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amitfalana
India

Maintenance Funds vs A-Rated sponsor's COS

Post by amitfalana » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:12 am

Hi,
My wife has a Tier 2 General visa and her A-Rated sponsor has mentioned a Yes against providing maintenance on COS.
Now I am in process of moving to Tier 2 General Dependent from Tier 2 ICT...
W.R.T page#46 of https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

Do I need to submit a letter from the sponsor stating support for maintenance funds for me (dependent). Or do I need to show £630 in my account?

Thanks in advance!

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Maintenance Funds vs A-Rated sponsor's COS

Post by gag285 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:49 am

amitfalana wrote:Hi,
My wife has a Tier 2 General visa and her A-Rated sponsor has mentioned a Yes against providing maintenance on COS.
Now I am in process of moving to Tier 2 General Dependent from Tier 2 ICT...
W.R.T page#46 of https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

Do I need to submit a letter from the sponsor stating support for maintenance funds for me (dependent). Or do I need to show £630 in my account?

Thanks in advance!
I think you should consider self maintenance. I take your wife already has a Tier 2 General but while you didn't apply as a PBS dependent with her, the 'A' rated sponsor maintenance chance no longer applies for you. You are now applying on the basis of your wife's leave as Tier 2 General main, the CoS sponsor doesn't have liability I believe.