ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bc for the child not born in uk but has ilr

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BEENAEEM

bc for the child not born in uk but has ilr

Post by BEENAEEM » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:27 pm

hi
i my husband 2 children not born in uk received ilr this june. i know i and my husband are eligible to apply for naturalization n citizenship next year in june 2015. i want to know when my children xan apply for registration n later on for passprt. they not born in uk.i know they dont have to go for naturalization n only need to apply for registration. but when they are eligible. thanks

secret.simon

Re: bc for the child not born in uk but has ilr

Post by secret.simon » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:30 pm

Children born outside the UK are eligible for citizenship when both the parents (or the second parent if applying separately) become citizens.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.