ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PBS Dependent or FLR??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bitsian123
Newly Registered

Tier 1 PBS Dependent or FLR??

Post by bitsian123 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Hello,

My wife entered in UK as Tier 1 PBS dependent in Jul 2014 and stayed here for 3 months and went back to India and She came to UK again in May 2015.
Myself I have ILR due in Feb 2016 and my wife Tier 1 dependent is expiring on the same day.

I am confused with following questions:

1) Is there any rule that if once I get approved ILR she should apply for FLR? ( if we both plan to apply on the same day)
2) once I get approved ILR and if she is applying for tier 1 dependent then how many years is she going to get the visa for? I heard dependent Visa are closing in 2018(correct me if I am wrong).

when compared with the prices with tier 1 dependent (£2000+ with current extension and need another extension with another 2000+) and FLR (1000+ for 5 years visa), but only dis advantage is she will loose 1yr 6months stay if opted for FLR.

Please suggest what you could recommend.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 PBS Dependent or FLR??

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:48 pm

FLR(M) is 2 X 2.5 year visas not a single 5 year visa. So it is two lots of visa fees for FLR(M) plus the immigration health surcharge of £500 for each 2.5 year visa.

She does not have to apply, she can remain as PBS Dependent if she wishes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bitsian123
Newly Registered

Post by bitsian123 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:50 am

Can anyone clarify on the below query

2) once I get approved ILR and if she is applying for tier 1 dependent then how many years is she going to get the visa for? I heard dependent Visa are closing in 2018(correct me if I am wrong).

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:02 am

bitsian123 wrote:Can anyone clarify on the below query

2) once I get approved ILR and if she is applying for tier 1 dependent then how many years is she going to get the visa for?
If they grant you ILR as a relevant PBS Migrant, then they will grant her 3 years under 319D(a).
bitsian123 wrote:I heard dependent Visa are closing in 2018(correct me if I am wrong).
Where did you hear this? It's unlikely.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.