ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First adult passport question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ElenaW
Diamond Member

First adult passport question

Post by ElenaW » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:11 am

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to fill out my passport application. On the guidance it it says that on the extra information section details need to be given about the applicants grandparents if the applicants parents were born abroad. Does this apply to me if I naturalized through marriage to a British citizen? I really don't know much about my father's side although have information about my mother's parents. I really don't want to explain why I don't have this information. They divorced when I was young and my father does not speak to me which I don't want to put on the application. Is this all really necessary?

Thanks in advance.
I tell it like it is.

noajthan

Re: First adult passport question

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:32 am

ElenaW wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm trying to fill out my passport application. On the guidance it it says that on the extra information section details need to be given about the applicants grandparents if the applicants parents were born abroad. Does this apply to me if I naturalized through marriage to a British citizen? I really don't know much about my father's side although have information about my mother's parents. I really don't want to explain why I don't have this information. They divorced when I was young and my father does not speak to me which I don't want to put on the application. Is this all really necessary?

Thanks in advance.
No, for a recently-naturalised citizen/first British passsport type of application it's not necessary.

You can reply "Not Known" or "Not Applicable" (or comment to that effect in a brief cover note)..
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.