ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement Clarification - Urgent Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londumpster
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement Clarification - Urgent Help

Post by londumpster » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:23 am

Hi All,

I have my wife's NCS appointment coming soon. Needed some urgent clarification.

I am applying for naturalisation for my wife under the 3 years spouse of British Citizen category.

For the English Language requirement, I have the following
  • NARIC Certificate confirming its equivalent to Bachelors in UK
    Letter from the University saying the medium of instruction was English.
According to the application and guide, we need to provide both the confirmations from NARIC?? See below:

I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
i. UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
ii. the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada);

Is this correct? Will I need to get the confirmation from NARIC that the degree was taught in English as well?

According to this link, a letter from University should be sufficient. https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

Both these statements are contradicting. Can you guys please help me with this.
Can I go ahead and apply or need to get the NARIC certificate for medium of instruction as well?

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: English Language Requirement Clarification - Urgent Help

Post by chocolateorange88 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:54 am

If you have UK degree then you don't need Naric !! Naric is just for those with degrees/degree certificates that aren't from the UK.

londumpster
Newly Registered

Post by londumpster » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:01 am

Degree is from India. I have letter from Indian University that the degree was taught in English.

Do I need NARIC certificate confirming that degree was taught in English?

Thanks.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:14 am

londumpster wrote:Degree is from India. I have letter from Indian University that the degree was taught in English.

Do I need NARIC certificate confirming that degree was taught in English?

Thanks.

Then Yes you need Naric

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:06 pm

You DON'T need letter from NARIC to confirm the ENGLISH level, only SOC letter confirming the degree will suffice. AND PLUS
You just need to include the original letter from the university or awarding institution on official headed paper, confirming the applicant’s:
  • name
    title of the degree
    the qualification was taught in English

mrehanashraf

Post by mrehanashraf » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:06 pm

Hi,

I posted same query and this is been advised to me:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1256300