ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling while waiting for an EEA Family card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chris71717
Newly Registered

Travelling while waiting for an EEA Family card

Post by chris71717 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi all,

I am a German national, married to a South African living in the UK since April 2015.

- In January 2015 we decided to relocate to the UK from south Africa. My wife applied for an EEA family permit in South Africa this was issued, used to enter the UK and expired on the 12/08/2015

- Upon settling in the UK we started the process of applying for the EEA family card. We completed the long form fully and posted the application with all supporting documentation on the 19/07/2015, received a letter requested biometrics dated the 21/07/2015 and submitted these biometrics on the 27/07/2015

- This is where all communication ceased- I found a contact number for the home office and called them to enquire about the certificate of application. They instructed that I email to request this document (email address: nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) which I did on the 29/09/2015 and was told to expect a response in 10 working days. I again called the home office on the 14/10/2015 to be told to again email the same address, which i have done on 14/10/15, and again on the 19/10/2015 and 20/10/2015 (and intend to do daily from no on)

- Our challenge is this, we need to return to South Africa on the 30/10/2015, returning to the UK (and our jobs) on the 9/10/2015. We have the option of applying for a new EEA family permit while in South Africa, but have been advised that this application takes 10-15 working days (which we don't have) and cannot be fast tracked in any way

- My research of various cases, directives, guidelines etc. show that it is possible to present her case (Her South African passport, my German passport, our marriage certificate and supporting evidence that our marriage is not a marriage of convenience and proof that I am exercising my treaty rights in the UK) at the UK border when entering the UK that we will be granted entry and further, that her passport will be stamped with the EEA DEPENDANT INK STAMP, in effect a 6 month EEA family permit

My questions are:

1. Is there any way to more effectively follow up on the certificate of application?
2. Is there any way of speeding up the application process for the EEA family card?
3. Is entry by presenting your case at the border entering the UK a workable option?
4. How do we ensure that the airline, British Airways in our case, allow us to board the aircraft in Johannesburg without a valid visa?

Any experiences and guidance would be much appreciated

Chris

aylintum
Newly Registered

Re: Travelling while waiting for an EEA Family card

Post by aylintum » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:01 pm

chris71717 wrote:Hi all,

I am a German national, married to a South African living in the UK since April 2015.

- In January 2015 we decided to relocate to the UK from south Africa. My wife applied for an EEA family permit in South Africa this was issued, used to enter the UK and expired on the 12/08/2015

- Upon settling in the UK we started the process of applying for the EEA family card. We completed the long form fully and posted the application with all supporting documentation on the 19/07/2015, received a letter requested biometrics dated the 21/07/2015 and submitted these biometrics on the 27/07/2015

- This is where all communication ceased- I found a contact number for the home office and called them to enquire about the certificate of application. They instructed that I email to request this document (email address: nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) which I did on the 29/09/2015 and was told to expect a response in 10 working days. I again called the home office on the 14/10/2015 to be told to again email the same address, which i have done on 14/10/15, and again on the 19/10/2015 and 20/10/2015 (and intend to do daily from no on)

- Our challenge is this, we need to return to South Africa on the 30/10/2015, returning to the UK (and our jobs) on the 9/10/2015. We have the option of applying for a new EEA family permit while in South Africa, but have been advised that this application takes 10-15 working days (which we don't have) and cannot be fast tracked in any way

- My research of various cases, directives, guidelines etc. show that it is possible to present her case (Her South African passport, my German passport, our marriage certificate and supporting evidence that our marriage is not a marriage of convenience and proof that I am exercising my treaty rights in the UK) at the UK border when entering the UK that we will be granted entry and further, that her passport will be stamped with the EEA DEPENDANT INK STAMP, in effect a 6 month EEA family permit

My questions are:

1. Is there any way to more effectively follow up on the certificate of application?
2. Is there any way of speeding up the application process for the EEA family card?
3. Is entry by presenting your case at the border entering the UK a workable option?
4. How do we ensure that the airline, British Airways in our case, allow us to board the aircraft in Johannesburg without a valid visa?

Any experiences and guidance would be much appreciated

Chris
Hi Chris,
Could you share with me if you and your wife had travelled without a valid visa and had experience about this situation?
now l have same problem that l need to travel to my husband country (Spain) while waiting my RC and my femily permit will be expired.