ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fresh application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anammahmud

Fresh application

Post by anammahmud » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:39 pm

Dear All,

I was refused on 10 Years visa due to an unusual overstaying period. Now I am switching to TIER 2 visa. However I think my long residence visa might would have been considered in upper court because upper court has considered my appeal permission. In the meantime, due to uncertainty I am switching to TIER 2. My plan is to make fresh application on LONG RESIDENCE again after few months of getting TIER 2 visa. My question is, if I apply on 10 years rules again, will they cancel my TIER 2 VISA or even I get refused on ILR again will they let me continue on my TIER 2 visa??? Please advise.

secret.simon

Re: Fresh application

Post by secret.simon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:43 pm

What is the unusual nature of your overstaying period? A detailed immigration history with dates would help us advise you better.

Be aware that the 10 years long residence is only possible if the entire and continuous 10 years have been legal. Otherwise, it is 20 years for a mixture of legal and illegal residence.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

anammahmud

Post by anammahmud » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:10 am

Thanks for posting. My concern is that, I am taking TIER 2 visa soon and after then I will apply for ILR on long residence status. I suspect they might refuse my long residence visa due to a break in 10 years period. My query, if they refuse my ILR will my TIER 2 visa will curtail or I can continue my tier 2 visa until expires.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:18 am

You will be able to continue on Tier 2 if long residence application is refused.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors