ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points for significant achievements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kashif - Lhr
Newly Registered

Points for significant achievements

Post by kashif - Lhr » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:45 am

One of my friend Mr.Raheel who has been working as Junior Manager Accounts in Unilever Pakistan Ltd ( Pakistans largest FMCG product Co) has claimed 15 points based on appreciation letter from his business director.

Exact wording of that letter is given below

" I wish to thank you for your contribution to excellent work to the CRV Review exercise.As a member of "Cactus project team"you have proven to be very valuable.I know it has been extremely hard work due to very demandind conditions put forward by the centre to get eventually the proposal approved by the Unilever Controller.

Once again many many thanks and I trust that the Cactus project team will organize and appropriate celebration".

On the basis of these wordings Is it justifyable to claim 15 points?Any expert please comment.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:17 am

Hello,
I'm no expert, but acording to the guidelines by HO, significant achievement involves recognition by peers in your field of work. It means publishing articles, getting a prize or recognition from professional organizations, beign invited as a speaker to seminars...etc.
Please read the examples provided by the Home Office in the application.... in any case, and IMHO.... a letter from your boss is not a significant achievement in it self. Maybe he can get additional letters from peers, clients, etc, and create a case, and at the end, nothing venture nothing gained, if they refuse it is not goint to affect the other areas but he should not rely on those points to reach the 65 minimum..

tvt

Post by tvt » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:07 pm

You clearly won't get any additional points for that.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>