ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA residence card for sister

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

boi
Newly Registered

EEA residence card for sister

Post by boi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:40 pm

Hi,
My sister came to UK on 6 month visitor visa. She was financially dependent on me before entering UK. We now want to apply for extended family member EEA residence card using my EU husband as the sponsor. She has been a member of our UK household for last 6 months-BT bills, barclays letters under her name coming to our house.

My questions:
1. Does it matter that her financial dependency money (prior to arriving in uk) was coming from my account rather than my husband's?
(currently mortgage comes from hubby's account, bills from my account).

2. What sort of points can we use to satisfy stage 4 of the review process-examination of personal circumstances, how refusal will impair hubby exercising his treaty rights?
(hubby and I don't have other family in UK for support and we were happy when she agreed to stay-it makes a difference to us and our 3 young daughters who now have an aunty).

We have evidence that we have been seeing her regularly but I was the one paying for her visits.

3. Any other thing to strengthen our application?

Thanks in advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA residence card for sister

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:43 pm

Entering on a UK visa was not a good idea and she's got bills in her name here? Oooh....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

boi
Newly Registered

Re: EEA residence card for sister

Post by boi » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:19 am

its our phone bill, we added her to prove she lives with us. Its not in her sole name. How else would she have entered? We don't need visa prior to travelling to UK (visa free for 6 months). When I first came with hubby I came same way, I didn't apply in advance so I didn't think that was a problem.