ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employement-Tier 2 CoS start date & notice period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Delaram06
Newly Registered

Change of Employement-Tier 2 CoS start date & notice period

Post by Delaram06 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Hello and thank you so much to the informing and useful comments.

I am about to change sponsor and couple of question and concerns came along. I will be grateful if anybody can advice based on their experience adn understanding from the similar case.

Currently holding Tier 2 General Visa (Valid till June 2017)
New Sponsor assign new CoS for me starting on 11/January/2016. This CoS will met all the Job criteria, salary requirement, resident market research test (I hope so) and the rest.

I am going to use Priority (10 days post) service and hoping to have the result on my application by 10 of November 2015

1- If for any reason my new Tier 2 Application rejected. Will this affect my current Leave to remain which is valid till June 2017.
2- If the application is successful, bear in mind I will receive the decision by 10th of November 2015 and the CoS will not start until 11 January 2016, dosed this allow me to work under my current sponsor till 11 January 2016 to complete the notice period and then move (Based on Tier 2 General 221 Guidance)
3- In above case, if they issue me the new BRP (Biometric Residence permit) will the start date on that will be the decision date (10 November 2015, roughly)?
4- Or, are they issuing the new BRP with the CoS start date (11 January 2016) and return the current one?

Once again I will appriciat your comment on this

Delaram06
Newly Registered

Re: Change of Employement-Tier 2 CoS start date & notice per

Post by Delaram06 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:43 am

Can any of the senior members clarify the questions above please?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:03 pm

1. No.
2. You may continue to work with the current employer until the "employment start date" as mentioned in the CoS issued by the new employer.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Delaram06
Newly Registered

Post by Delaram06 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Thank you do much for your respond :D