ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I pay application fee using friend's credit card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Thanu1008
Newly Registered

Can I pay application fee using friend's credit card

Post by Thanu1008 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:42 am

Hi,

Can I pay my ILR fee using my friend's credit card. One of my friend said, the person who is paying should atleast share same surname as you if he is paying the ILR fee for you. Is this true. Please help.

Thanks
Thanu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I pay my ILR fee using my friend's credit card

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:44 am

Any reason you cannot use your own bank/credit card? How are you applying, post of in person?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Thanu1008
Newly Registered

Post by Thanu1008 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:41 am

I am applying in person (premium service). I have around 30K pounds in my account, but I need them for my house down payment as I am buying the house at the same time.

I don't use credit card. I thought I will use my friend's credit card and pay him back after 2 months.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:55 pm

You may find it hard to convince someone, if questioned, that the card - not issued in your name but you know the PIN of - belongs to your friend and that you have not stolen it or bought it from criminals.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!