ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Join Family in the UK - Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mtebbit
Newly Registered

Join Family in the UK - Spouse Visa

Post by mtebbit » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:28 am

Hello all,

I have a few questions - my wife will be applying for a visa to live in the UK with my daughter and I and I wanted to ask advice about the documents I intend to supply in support of the application and some procedures.

- Firstly my wife will be applying from Peru which uses the electronic application forms. Does anyone know if I still need to complete (APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013) FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM) or will the electronic form have a relevant section for this.

In terms of supporting documents we will be supplying the following

Applicant

Statement from my wife
Joint statement from my wife and myself re our relationship, request for a speedy resolution so our family will not be seperated for an unduly long period.
Evidence of our relationship, call history whilst seperated, photos.
Her passport
Her expired passport - does this need to be an original or will a certified copy of the photo page be enough?
Certfied copy of her ID card showing residency in her country of origin.
Original marriage certificate and official translation
A1 English Language Certificate
Tuvberculosis certificate

Sponsor

Statement from myself
Certified copy of British passport - does this need to be certified and if so is the post office an acceptable certifier
Certified copy of my birth certificate - same question re certification
Employment contract
Letter from my employer - do I need this if supplying a contract
6 months of bank statements
6 months of payslips
Breakdown of earnings/savings as to how financial requirement (£18600 for a single adult) is met.

Our daughter's documentation

Statement as per her British nationality and her best interest to be raised in the UK
Original birth certificate + official translation
Certified copy of registration with the British Embassy
Supporting documents from various individuals as to her best interest in being raised in the UK.
Certified copy of British passport

My parent's documentation

Joint declaration stating knowledge of our relationship dating for many years, statement of a cash gift and date, offer of accomodation in their home rent free.

Certified copies of their British passports.

Accomodation documentation - I'm not sure what to provide for this. Would copies of the electoral register, council tax bill, mortgage statements etc be sufficient. I have seen that people recommend the property inspection report as a means of demonstrating no overcrowding but want to know if what I have so far will be sufficient.

Any suggestions of what documentation I'm missing would be greatly appreciated, I want to get this right first time round.

Thanks in advance

Matt.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Join Family in the UK - Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:51 am

You mention 'cash gift' so I am assuming you are applying based on savings to meet the financial requirement? When did you receive the gift and how long have you held it in your bank account?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mtebbit
Newly Registered

Post by mtebbit » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:59 am

It's correct that I'll be meeting the financial requirement by both savings and earnings - the cash gift will have been on my account for 6 months at the time of application so that shouldn't be an issue.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:01 am

Are the savings over £16,000?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mtebbit
Newly Registered

Post by mtebbit » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:22 am

I believe I have all the finances worked out. My wife is applying, my daughter is British so won't affect the equation. We need £18600 if I'm right.

I'm aware that the savings need to be £16,000 + 2.5 x the difference between my salary and £18,600.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:04 pm

You will need to submit a letter from your employer on company headed paper, confirming the terms of your employment and your salary. This is in addition to your contract of employment. You aren't required to submit your birth certificate.
You will also have to pay the NHS surcharge of £600 on line before submitting the visa application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mtebbit
Newly Registered

Post by mtebbit » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi Casa thanks for confirming that. I thought I would need the employer's letter, and it's good to know I can scratch my birth certificate off the list.

Regarding certification of passports it's not entirely clear whether they can be done via the post office, need to be done by a solicitor. Do you think my parents will need to have copies of their passport's certified or just mine and my daughter's? I will submit theirs as a proof of id of who they are.

Regarding accomodation documents I have identified the following:

Original contract of sale of the property from 30 years ago to my parents listing the number of rooms.
Council tax and utility bills to show continued occupation.
Electoral register of the house to show who is registered as living there.

Will that be enough or do you think it's worth going the extra mile and getting an up to date property inspection done.

Thanks again for the speedy replies.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:31 pm

The UKVI don't make it clear regarding certification of documents, but reports on the forum have shown that the Post Office can certify passports. I wouldn't be concerned about having your parent's passports certified as this isn't mandatory. Neither is the property inspection report, as long as you can show that with the number of rooms the accommodation will be adequate for you all.
(Casa, not CR001)

mtebbit
Newly Registered

Post by mtebbit » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:43 pm

Thanks Casa, all very useful information. I'm sure I'll have more questions as the weeks go by but I think you've answered them all for the moment.

mtebbit
Newly Registered

Post by mtebbit » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:26 pm

Just thought I'd quickly come back to this post with a few more queries. As my parents are offering our accomodation when my wife first comes across do I need to show my birth certificate to show that they are my parents or will a declaration to that effect be sufficient.

Also just to confirm, I only need to demonstrate the following for my wife's visa

Evidence of a relationship
Evidence of sufficient accomodation in the UK
Evidence that we meet the financial requirement
Evidence for English requirement
Tuberculosis certificate

Is there anything else I would need to show?

Thanks again.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:20 pm

mtebbit wrote:Just thought I'd quickly come back to this post with a few more queries. As my parents are offering our accomodation when my wife first comes across do I need to show my birth certificate to show that they are my parents or will a declaration to that effect be sufficient. No need. The HO are generally mistrusting, but not to that extent.

Also just to confirm, I only need to demonstrate the following for my wife's visa

Evidence of a relationship
Evidence of sufficient accomodation in the UK
Evidence that we meet the financial requirement
Evidence for English requirement
Tuberculosis certificate

Is there anything else I would need to show?

Thanks again.
...and the IHS number on the application for your pre-paid NHS Surcharge. Ensure the A1 English test is on the updated approved list.
(Casa, not CR001)