ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reapplying for EEA RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kabuki
United States of America

Reapplying for EEA RC

Post by kabuki » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:07 pm

I was hoping to be able to apply for PR, but we got some wires crossed and ended up without comprehensive sickness insurance for 6 months during the time my EEA spouse was a students. As such, we had to start the 5 year waiting game all over again.

So, this leave me back to where I began almost 5 years ago now, only this time I'll be out of pocket quite a bit more. Has anyone reapplied for the RC instead of PR? Will they question this? The first time (2010) we were unmarried, but we got married in 2013, so it seems like it'll be a little more straight forward now- only 3 months of proof of living together, exercising treaty rights and our marriage license, alongside my current RC.

Is the new biometric RC an actual identity card or is it still a stuck into the passport (or both)? This is going to be pricey.

Thanks for any feedback of your experiences!