ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Applicaion time & VISA expiring same time - PLEASE H

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moni69
Newly Registered

ILR Applicaion time & VISA expiring same time - PLEASE H

Post by moni69 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:06 pm

Hello All,

My work-permit was issued on 12/03/03.

British High Commission, New Delhi Visa Stamp : 01/04/03 to 01/04/08.

Arrived in the Country on 19/04/2003.

My questions are :-

(a) Do I have to apply for a visa extension first, and then apply for ILR.

(b) Acceptable format for letter from the employer to go with the ILR application (Please attach one - thanks)

(c) How early can I apply for ILR (date please) and if my employer wants to extend my work-permit, how early can this be applied.

(d) Also can somebody suggest a good (and moderately priced too!!!) solicitor to take up my application, or is it advisable (by you all) to take this case personally, or doing it directly (in person at Croydon) - Please give me your valued suggestions....

thanks for all your help.
moni

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:50 pm

You qualify for ILR on 19/04/2008, so can apply on 21st March at the earliest. Therefore, you won't need to apply for an extension first.

If you would like assistance, please PM me.

If the application is straight forward then you can do it in person, but it depends on whether you are in a hurry for it or would rather save the money.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!