ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using NCS on Saturday but eligible on Monday

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Miracle need

Using NCS on Saturday but eligible on Monday

Post by Miracle need » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:40 pm

I have a question that if someone has got ILR on 23rd November 2014 and want to apply naturalization then can he use NCS on 21st November 2015 which falls on Saturday and ukba will eventually receive on monday - 23rd November 2015. Is that possible under that scenario??

noajthan

Re: Using NCS on Saturday but eligible on Monday

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:51 pm

Miracle need wrote:I have a question that if someone has got ILR on 23rd November 2014 and want to apply naturalization then can he use NCS on 21st November 2015 which falls on Saturday and ukba will eventually receive on monday - 23rd November 2015. Is that possible under that scenario??
Interesting idea.
My understanding is that the date of application is the date received by HO (not the date of despatch/submission to NCS).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Unlikely it will be sent by NCS until Monday, 23rd anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:01 pm

Why go through unnecessary hassle and not keeping your mind at rest.

Would advice you wait when 1 year of ILR has been attained and apply after that....its just 2-3 days wait

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:20 pm

I second skilachi and would strongly request the applicant to wait till 23rd November. Although you could in theory request NCS to send it a day later, but personally i applied a week after I was eligible. Just because I wasn't in much of a hurry but a senior here urged me not to leave it for too long. He was correct, saved me £100 actually.

Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:13 pm

CR001 wrote:Unlikely it will be sent by NCS until Monday, 23rd anyway.
I am agreed with croo1 answer. And there is no harm in doing so because ukba consider date of application they receive instead NCS date of appointment. They will happily accept that. Since the rules change so quick so even 1 day should not waste.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:21 am

There is absolutely no reason to be worried. But to put your mind at ease there are 3 things you should know:

1) Date of application is date of receipt by HO, extremely highly unlikely they will receive before Monday unless council staff drive there on Sat to deliver your application :lol:

2) Most councils send Sat applications on Monday anyway.

3) You can request your application to be sent on Monday if Sat is more convenient due to other commitments

PS: I am in exactly the same situation as you are but for me Sat is way more convenient due to my commitments.

Miracle need

Post by Miracle need » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:40 pm

fielddrive wrote:There is absolutely no reason to be worried. But to put your mind at ease there are 3 things you should know:

1) Date of application is date of receipt by HO, extremely highly unlikely they will receive before Monday unless council staff drive there on Sat to deliver your application :lol:

2) Most councils send Sat applications on Monday anyway.

3) You can request your application to be sent on Monday if Sat is more convenient due to other commitments

PS: I am in exactly the same situation as you are but for me Sat is way more convenient due to my commitments.
Yes exactly. Because if someone works in morning times and have Saturday off and other council offers Saturday service then why not do that. By the way for naturalization application can the date of application be same as the date of getting ILR in last year?? For example if you got ILR on 23/11/2014 then whether the date of application should be 24/11/2015 or 23/11/2015 will be fine as well??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:55 pm

24/11/2015 or 23/11/2015 will be fine as well??
Either is fine as long as it is 12 months from date of ILR and date of application is when HO receives it, not the date of NCS appointment, so make sure you do the calculations correctly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Miracle need

Post by Miracle need » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
24/11/2015 or 23/11/2015 will be fine as well??
Either is fine as long as it is 12 months from date of ILR and date of application is when HO receives it, not the date of NCS appointment, so make sure you do the calculations correctly.
But is that calculation correct that ILR received 23/11/2014 but ukba receive it on 23/11/2015? In doing so either 12 months passes??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:37 pm

Yes, as I have said, as long as 12 months has passed. It really is not complicated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Please see page 18, second paragraph. NCS application date has been added as official date of application. So you might want to wait, based on your hypothetical question, till 23rd November to apply.
TheMouseReturns wrote:Page 18 of the Guide AN (October 2015):
The date of application will be the date your form is received by the Home Office, Nationality Checking Service or the local British government representative as shown above. It is not the date on which you send it.
The inclusion of NCS is new in the October guide compared to the July guide. The guide was added to the gov website on 28 October.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:09 pm

Thanks for this useful information. Might catch some of us out if not careful.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:58 pm

I just heard that in evening but I think in many ways it would be favorable for applicants. But I also forecast that I may mean that now NCS has more influence and the ukba process more quickly after the form & documents being checked by NCS :wink: