ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

renewing passport after visit visa application submitted

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madmedman
Pakistan

renewing passport after visit visa application submitted

Post by madmedman » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:53 pm

Hi there. Apologies for the ignorance. I am currently a resident of Ireland. I have filled in (and paid for) application forms for visit visa to the UK for my family (wife and two daughters). We have not attended our appointment yet but application form has been submitted and no changes can be made to them.

I have been in a bit of a dilemma. All three of us have manual (stone age) pakistani passports. The closest embassy to get the MRP from is in the UK. The last date these are any worth is 23rd november. My 2 year old's passport has a validity extension stamp (2016) on one of the pages of her passport. However, the first page show that the passport has expired. I guess our country does this to save on paper. Rather than giving out a new booklet, they just stamp a new valdity date inside the expired one.

The dilemma is, should I take the risk and apply with this passport? Should I renew it? If I renew it, do I need to fill in new application forms (and new fees) as I cant make any changes to the application forms I already submitted.

I hope I am making sense. I have a similar thread in another forum. That one can be locked. I thought this would be a better place to post this question.

Would appreciate you guys help immensely.

madmedman
Pakistan

Re: renewing passport after visit visa application submitted

Post by madmedman » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:44 pm

So long story short. After speaking to UKVI, validity stamps are not acceptable and neither can I attach a covering letter with a new passport number to the application form.

I had to cancel my applications, request refund and applied for little one's manula passport and waiting to fill in new apps and apply for Uk visa. All this to get a machine readable passport from england.

casereview8
BANNED

Re: renewing passport after visit visa application submitted

Post by casereview8 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:41 am

order a new passport(machine readable) and attach both passports together. Your PR is still valid but you cannot travel with expire passport.
So you have attach a letter in new passport that your PR is stamped on the old passport. Add a highlight sticker on to it so its visible and easily located.

hope that answers you question some of it. :)