ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration on MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rsb68

Registration on MN1

Post by rsb68 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:25 am

I am dependant of my father with my mother on FLR (m)visa.my history is as below:-
came in UK on 22/07/2007 as dependant of my father who was student that time with my mother and elder brother.In July 2008 I became dependent of tier 1 points base system.In March 2014 my father got Ilr on bases of 10 years long residency.My Brother also got ILR on set (f).Me and my mother switch to flr(m) for 02 year.I also applied set(f)but it was refused because both parents were not settled in UK.
Me and my mother is comes under transitional arrangements of part 8 of immigration rules. So now as per immigration rules her time spent as PBS dependant and Time spent as FLR M can be combined which makes her eligible to granted ILR.
But She is not passing Life in UK test.She failing since 1 and half year.
My enquiry can I apply for nationality as my Brother andfather is British by naturlization.Mother is close to settlement.Some one advice me you can register on MN1.My age is 16 years and 8months.Please advice me all guru's.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Registration on MN1

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:27 am

You can't apply for citizenship unless you have ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rsb68

Post by rsb68 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:04 pm

CR001 wrote:You can't apply for citizenship unless you have ILR.
Thanks
Is there any law to apply ILR if not nationality.I am really upset.I am doing A level.next year I have to go to university.Can any one help.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:21 pm

rsb68 wrote:
Thanks
Is there any law to apply ILR if not nationality.I am really upset.I am doing A level.next year I have to go to university.Can any one help.
You need either settled status (ILR) or British citizenship to be treated as a 'Home' student & so be eligible to pay Home fees for further or higher education.

You also have to be ordinarily resident in UK and there are various other rules & time limits.

See full details on UK CISA website, here:
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... seas-fees/
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

rsb68

Post by rsb68 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:09 pm

noajthan wrote:
rsb68 wrote:
Thanks
You need either settled status (ILR) or British citizenship to be treated as a 'Home' student & so be eligible to pay Home fees for further or higher education.

You also have to be ordinarily resident in UK and there are various other rules & time limits.

What will happen if my mum never pass life in uk.It means I will never be settled person in uk.

rsb68

Post by rsb68 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:20 pm

noajthan wrote:
rsb68 wrote:
Thanks

What will happen if my mum never pass life in uk.It means I will never be settled person in uk.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:35 pm

You would be able to apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence when you reach that point in 2017. Does your mum know she can listen to the test questions. Has someone been helping her to learn the book?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.