ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maiden name??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

davidwilkinson81
Newly Registered

Maiden name??

Post by davidwilkinson81 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Hello

My wife is Japanese and we married on the 21st October. She's still in the UK (on the fiance visa) where we're in the process of applying for the "family of a settled person" Visa but we're not sure whether to apply in her maiden or married name.

Obviously her current passport is in her family name but she is taking my surname.

I imagine there's a straight forward answer to this but i'm struggling to find it on GOV.UK.

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks

shakoorh

Re: Maiden name??

Post by shakoorh » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:06 pm

davidwilkinson81 wrote:Hello

My wife is Japanese and we married on the 21st October. She's still in the UK (on the fiance visa) where we're in the process of applying for the "family of a settled person" Visa but we're not sure whether to apply in her maiden or married name.

Obviously her current passport is in her family name but she is taking my surname.

I imagine there's a straight forward answer to this but i'm struggling to find it on GOV.UK.

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks
Apply with whatever name is on the current passport. Visa can be transferred to a new passport if name is charged
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15