ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residency dependent visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CH2015
BANNED

Long Residency dependent visa

Post by CH2015 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi Guru's

I am new on this forum. I got my ILR last week on 10 year base. I want to extend my wife visa she is my dependent. she is on tier 1 general dependent visa until 2nd of January 2016, she came to UK last year in November 2014. I want to ask you guys couple of questions regarding my wife extension visa...

1- Which Form she need to fill in ?
2- Does she need any English Qualification( what kind of English test she need and where can we book the test)
3- What supporting documents need to be attached with the application

As she only got very short time left to apply for her extension and I doubt it She won't be able to pass the test in such a short time of period, Can she apply her extension in any other way?

Kind Regards
CH

secret.simon

Re: Long Residency dependent visa

Post by secret.simon » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:30 pm

I believe that the form to use will be FLR(M).

The guidance notes mention the documents that your wife will need.

She will need an English qualification at A1, the lowest level. Click for list of approved tests.

Note that her immigration clock will reset to zero and the earliest that she will be eligible for ILR will be five years from the grant of FLR(M).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:36 pm

She needs English A1 test. Without this, she is likely going to have a problem. She does not have to do a course, only the test.

List of approved providers in link below

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CH2015
BANNED

Post by CH2015 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:45 pm

secret.simon wrote:I believe that the form to use will be FLR(M).

The guidance notes mention the documents that your wife will need.

She will need an English qualification at A1, the lowest level. Click for list of approved tests.

Note that her immigration clock will reset to zero and the earliest that she will be eligible for ILR will be five years from the grant of FLR(M).
Thanks very much for your quick reply secret.simon ,
The only problem is she is not very good in English so is any other possibility available she can go for her extension without English test ???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:50 pm

is any other possibility available she can go for her extension without English test ???
No, unfortunately not. Exceptions are only for people over 65 years or age or for who have documented medical issues (mental health etc).

It is a speaking and listening test, takes about 10 minutes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CH2015
BANNED

Post by CH2015 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
is any other possibility available she can go for her extension without English test ???
No, unfortunately not. Exceptions are only for people over 65 years or age or for who have documented medical issues (mental health etc).

It is a speaking and listening test, takes about 10 minutes.
Ok thanks for getting back to me, Could you please advise me any Online sources or any book recommendation for her to read through/Make an effort for preparation of the A1 test.
I will be glad if you can share the information you have about this test.

Many thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:22 pm

It is not a test that you can study for like LIUK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CH2015
BANNED

Post by CH2015 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:34 pm

CR001 wrote:It is not a test that you can study for like LIUK.
Thanks very much for the help, Another quick question, you know when my wife will apply for her extension, do I need to submit my Original documents for example my Original passport and BRP with it or just photo copies will be fine ?
Regards
CH

CH2015
BANNED

Post by CH2015 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:20 am

Hi All,
My husband got ILR 3 months ago on 10 year base (LR).I came here as a Tier 1 (G) Dependent last year 27/11/2014.
I am filling my FLR(M) Application Form I am stuck on following questions ,I would appreciate if anyone can help me out with this?
Section 2:
2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

a) First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

b) Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).

c) You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner.
Or
You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa, and have not yet completed the relevant period of time in one of the categories at question 2.1

d) You require further leave to remain to obtain the relevant qualifications to meet the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KoLL) requirements to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

e) You were granted entry as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or entered into a civil partnership. Please explain why in the box below and state when your marriage or civil partnership will take place.

Which one is the appropriate for my application????

Question 6.8: Add All the Addresses you and your sponsor have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application if you have lived at your current address with your sponsor for less than 2 year.

(I came to this country last year in November 2014, we only have been living together for one year, Do I need to include my back home address in this question..?)

Question 6.21: Have you lived with your sponsor since your marriage ?
( We are both married at back home in April 2014, But I came to UK in November 2014 last year)
Shall I tick Yes OR No?

Regards
CH

CH2015
BANNED

Post by CH2015 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:25 pm

Can anyone please answer my above questions????

Thanks in advance

CH2015
BANNED

Post by CH2015 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:10 pm

Dear Sushdmetha and CR001

Please answer my above questions??

Regards
CH

CH2015
BANNED

FLR(M) Application Queries

Post by CH2015 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi Respected Member

My husband got ILR 3 months ago on 10 year base (LR).I came here as a Tier 1 (G) Dependent last year 27/11/2014.
I am filling my FLR(M) Application Form I am stuck on following questions ,I would appreciate if anyone can help me out with this?
Section 2:
2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

a) First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

b) Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).

c) You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner.
Or
You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa, and have not yet completed the relevant period of time in one of the categories at question 2.1

d) You require further leave to remain to obtain the relevant qualifications to meet the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KoLL) requirements to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

e) You were granted entry as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or entered into a civil partnership. Please explain why in the box below and state when your marriage or civil partnership will take place.

Which one is the appropriate for my application????

Question 6.8: Add All the Addresses you and your sponsor have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application if you have lived at your current address with your sponsor for less than 2 year.

(I came to this country last year in November 2014, we only have been living together for one year, Do I need to include my back home address in this question..?)

Question 6.21: Have you lived with your sponsor since your marriage ?
( We are both married at back home in April 2014, But I came to UK in November 2014 last year)
Shall I tick Yes OR No?

Regards
CH

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:27 pm

2.3 select option b)

6.8 List address(es) since you have arrived in the UK and you can add the address back home if you wish.

6.21 Select Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CH2015
BANNED

Post by CH2015 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:10 pm

CR001 wrote:2.3 select option b)

6.8 List address(es) since you have arrived in the UK and you can add the address back home if you wish.

6.21 Select Yes
Thanks for your kind reply CR001 as I mentioned above this is my first time to extend a visa under this category so I tick Yes in 2.2 is that right?

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?
Yes or No( I tick yes)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:31 pm

2.2 yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:29 pm

For someone switching to FLR(M) for the first time, the correct answer to 2.3 is "c".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:35 pm

sushdmehta wrote:For someone switching to FLR(M) for the first time, the correct answer to 2.3 is "c".
Oops, correct my error, thanks Sushd.... :oops:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ks373
BANNED

Post by ks373 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:17 pm

Hi guys just want to share a good news today My wife got a Visa at Cardiff PEO.Thanks everybody on this forum especially CRoo1.

Just want to tell you croo1 as well the answer of 2.3 was correct it's B not C bcz my wife came to this country as my dependent

Thanks again for your kind help

Regards

CH2015

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:22 pm

Congratulations. I am very happy for you.

Please don't create multiple user names, it is not permitted on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)