ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rule: spent no more than 90 days outside the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mgopal
Newly Registered

Rule: spent no more than 90 days outside the UK

Post by mgopal » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi ,

I have a question about this rule:
- spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months

Does this include business related travel for the company ?

I am a full time permanent employee for a company and they are happy to provide a letter saying that I was on business during some of the period.

For personal reasons I was only outside for 70 days
For Business I was outside UK for 40 days - This I can get a letter

Any idea if this is acceptable?

Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Rule: spent no more than 90 days outside the UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:29 pm

Absence limit includes all absences. If you apply with the letter, it is at discretion whether any absences will be disregards and also depends on your personal/estate circumstances in the UK. Alternatively, you could wait 2 or 3 weeks to bring the absence down within the limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arizonabar
Newly Registered

Post by arizonabar » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:33 pm

I spent considerably more than 90 days outside the UK in the 12 months before my application. Some of this was for personal travel, but a substantial amount was for work related travel. I submitted a covering letter explaining the absences and also a letter from my employer saying that these absences were a necessary part of my employment. I asked them to apply discretion when considering my case and they did, as my application for Naturalisation was successful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:43 pm

Congratulations and well done, glad you got a sensible caseworker and your employer supported your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.