ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help... for new 28th October AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

London_king
Newly Registered

Urgent help... for new 28th October AN form

Post by London_king » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Hi friends & Seniors

Is there new form or guide or booklet updated on 28th oct?

I already have filled the form and singed by both referee and got appointment on 30th oct...

I am applying my nationality as a spouse of British citizen via 3years route.. Is there anything I shall look after 28 oct form update...?

Is there any thing new?

Thanks a lot in advance..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent help... for new 28th October AN form

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:35 pm

I have found the new AN Guide, but still looking for the new AN form.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf

You will be fine to use the form you have completed. HO usually allow a period of using a previous version.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

London_king
Newly Registered

Post by London_king » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Dear CR001

Thanks for your help and reply... what I have read so far... that HO have increased the time limit for English B 1 test... Before it was until 5th Nov.. but now it seems they have increased until 12th Nov 2015...

which is as follows....

Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK
From 12th November 2015, we will only accept English language qualifications from
the Home Office approved list of acceptable qualifications.

I hope I am not wrong.... .. but not sure.. about it...

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:43 pm

Thanks for posting this. It appears that only the updated AN Booklet and Guide have been published so far. Will check again tomorrow to see if the new AN form is published. At a glance the update does appear to be focused around the impending English language qualification changes.

I agree that they will most probably accept your old form, during the transition period.
Last edited by cs95tdg on Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:44 pm

They won't change AN form until 12th as it wouldn't make sense to do so before that

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:50 pm

Not everything the HO does makes sense by any stretch of the imagination. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:53 pm

chocolateorange88 wrote:They won't change AN form until 12th as it wouldn't make sense to do so before that
Thats true. Unless perhaps they decide to add a conditional statement/question in the form to indicate the English language requirement for applications made from November 12th onwards. Will wait and see.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Also see http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 96899.html.

It seems that EEA applicants may be required to apply for PR card rather than submit equivalent documents for citizenship applications.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

London_king
Newly Registered

Post by London_king » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Thanks a lot ... to .. all..

Lets see tomorrow... Hope things will get better...

ng123
Newly Registered

Post by ng123 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:43 pm

AN Form is available now (Form, Booklet, Guide links below)
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 0-2015.pdf

About English Requirement - Yes its confusing and bothering me too.

As per this link its 5th Nov
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

However Hammersmith Council NCS told me following " I am writing to remind you that naturalisation eligibility criteria relating to knowledge of English will be changing from the 12th of November 2015, and that some qualifications will no longer be accepted from that date."

And so do the Kingston Council NCS, where i booked the appointment today morning, the lady clearly told me the requirement and form change is effective 12th Nov, so i should be fine as i got my appointment for 11th Nov.

Please ensure that you have fully completed the application form and that the dates on the front cover are as follows:

AN form – May 2015
MN1 form – June 2015

As per above you don't need new form till 12th Nov. About english they said...(cut and paste from email)

· CHANGES TO KoLL REQUIREMENTS FROM 12TH NOVEMBER –
All those applying for naturalisation on or after 12 November 2015 who are using an English language qualification to meet the KoLL requirement must have passed a test which is on the Home Office’s list of Secure English Language Tests (a SELT test). The list of tests can be found at:www.gov.uk/government/publications/guid ... uage-tests

Also the AN Booklet on page 13th says
As of 12th November 2015, we will only accept an English language qualification that is on the Home Office‟s list of approved tests a

Hope this helps manage your stress level. :)

rabirabi83
Newly Registered

Post by rabirabi83 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:20 pm

Hi All,

My question is about those candidates who has obtained Master Degree from UK universities, do they need to do the English Language Test or do they need to get their degrees attested from UK NARIC? It is very confusing. Can some some explain in detail.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:25 pm

rabirabi83 wrote:Hi All,

My question is about those candidates who has obtained Master Degree from UK universities, do they need to do the English Language Test or do they need to get their degrees attested from UK NARIC? It is very confusing. Can some some explain in detail.

Thank you.
A UK degree is sufficient to meet the English requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:26 pm

rabirabi83 wrote:Hi All,

Thank you.
Degree option is unchanged.
No need for all that NARIC nonsense in UK.
From a UK uni just submit certificate.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:45 am

Suppose a person having Indian master degree and was exists in PBS calculator. And also NARIC certificate confirming the equivalent degree. Then also we need to write english language test after 12th Nov 2015 ?

Regards,
Suresh

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:27 am

haiksuresh wrote:Suppose a person having Indian master degree and was exists in PBS calculator. And also NARIC certificate confirming the equivalent degree. Then also we need to write english language test after 12th Nov 2015 ?

Regards,
Suresh
If your Indian degree is listed in PBS then there is no need for any English test or NARIC documentation. See pg 33 here,
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf
Cheers,
OR