ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Form Questions - extension application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

littlepickle
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Form Questions - extension application

Post by littlepickle » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:11 am

Hi there,
I am in the final stages of finishing filling out my FLR(M) application, but I am confused over a couple of questions. I wonder if anyone could help?

In question 2.2 it asks if this is the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (which I ticked as 'Spouse of a person settled in the UK').

My previous visa was a Spousal Visa which I applied for from NZ. This is the first time I am applying for further Leave to remain...so do I tick YES?

Secondly, would someone be able to help with question 10.11?
This question asks how long I have lived int eh UK. I have in the UK on and off since 1999, under different visas for different lengths of time. In total it has been 5years 2 months. I then put that I left the country for a seven year gap to go back for university and work, then I came back for 2 years, then left again -- now back! I have detailed this. Or, are they wanting to only hear if I have left the country for more than 6 months on this current visa?

Hope this makes sense. Many thanks for your help!

littlepickle
Newly Registered

question 9.15 FLR(M)

Post by littlepickle » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:33 am

One more question!

In 9.15 it asks to give details of the diplomatic post involved in the application.

My fingerprints were taken at Immigration NZ, Wlgtn, NZ. Then I sent the application to the Visa Issuing Office, UK Border Agency, Auckland. Then they sent it to Manila to be processed.

Which one of these to I put down!?

Many thanks !!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(m) questions 2.2 & 10.11

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:47 am

Please keep your questions on the same application in one thread Multiple Posts (Click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

littlepickle
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) Form Questions - extension application

Post by littlepickle » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:01 pm

OK. Sorry about that.

littlepickle
Newly Registered

Post by littlepickle » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:54 pm

I would be very appreciative of any suggestions to the above questions as hoping to post off visa application tomorrow.
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:44 pm

littlepickle wrote:Hi there,
I am in the final stages of finishing filling out my FLR(M) application, but I am confused over a couple of questions. I wonder if anyone could help?

In question 2.2 it asks if this is the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (which I ticked as 'Spouse of a person settled in the UK').

My previous visa was a Spousal Visa which I applied for from NZ. This is the first time I am applying for further Leave to remain...so do I tick YES?
Yes

Secondly, would someone be able to help with question 10.11?
This question asks how long I have lived int eh UK. I have in the UK on and off since 1999, under different visas for different lengths of time. In total it has been 5years 2 months. I then put that I left the country for a seven year gap to go back for university and work, then I came back for 2 years, then left again -- now back! I have detailed this. Or, are they wanting to only hear if I have left the country for more than 6 months on this current visa?
The relevant date that you came back to the UK on your spouse visa
Hope this makes sense. Many thanks for your help!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: question 9.15 FLR(M)

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:45 pm

littlepickle wrote:One more question!

In 9.15 it asks to give details of the diplomatic post involved in the application.

My fingerprints were taken at Immigration NZ, Wlgtn, NZ. Then I sent the application to the Visa Issuing Office, UK Border Agency, Auckland. Then they sent it to Manila to be processed.

Which one of these to I put down!?

Many thanks !!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:07 pm

I would answer 2.2 with NO as it is not the first time you are applying for a visa. It says 'is this the first time you have applied for a visa OR an extension.....' If you have a spousal visa, it is not the first time you have applied in that category.

kclay70
Newly Registered

Post by kclay70 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi-

I submitted my FLR(M) extension application via post 10 May 2017. Since then, my landlord has done a right to let check on me which the Home Office came back and said "YES" they have a right to rent to me up to July 2018- a year from now. After I received a "YES" to being able to let, I got a request for additional documentation from the Home Office about 8 weeks after my application. The case worker was requesting original birth certificates and passports of my husband's children who do not live with us. I'm not able to provide those because his ex partner and he are very estranged- they hate each other- and she will not hand over any of the kids' paperwork. 2 weeks ago, I responded to the case worker with a long letter explaining what I COULD give them as proof (I gave them the legally binding child maintenance agreement) as well as sending them my right to let "YES" from the home office.

My questions are:

1) Would the Home Office say "Yes" to me being able to let in the UK if they were planning on denying my visa?
2) we are on week 11 now with no word from the Home Office- is this typical?
3) Am I in danger of not being able to stay with my husband of 3 years due to not being able to provide documentation on his children...documentation that was never requested the first time I was approved??

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Regards,

Kim Jex :cry: :cry: :cry: