ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What rules changed from 28 october

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RANA-ALI

What rules changed from 28 october

Post by RANA-ALI » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:44 pm

Hi, i have booked an appointment with Ncs for mrs
Recived a confirmation letter from ncs saying applicant has to ensure they meet new rules from 28 october 15
Im confused what rules changes they are referring to ?
Please share if any new rules changed on 28 oct as im not sure what are they
Also can u plz let me know if we missing any paperwork
1 passport
2 one passports photo
3 liuk test passed in 2014
4 trinity exam pass certificate 2014 b1 level 3
Is there any thing else we should be taking to appointment,
Also she is not working at the moment can we leave employment question blank
She isnt working since last year but never get or ask for p45 is it mean she ll be on that compnay payroll
Thanks

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: What rules changed from 28 october

Post by chocolateorange88 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:47 pm

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:16 pm

Also refer to new guidance notes and booklet published on 28th Oct.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:20 pm

fielddrive wrote:Also refer to new guidance notes and booklet published on 28th Oct.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Niza_carson

Post by Niza_carson » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:32 pm

Hi RANA-ALI,

One of the few things I have noticed to have changed is that the Home Office now requisites that EEA nationals and/or their (non-EEA) family members should have a Permanent Residence Card before applying for citizenship and hold it for 12 months.

Also, the date of application will now be the date your form is received by the Home Office (if you apply by post) or the date your form is received by the Nationality Checking Service (if using the NCS). So this means if using the NCS, you must make sure that on the day of your NCS appointment you were physically present in the UK 5 years ago on the date or 3 years ago if you are married to a British Citizen.

I, also, am not working at the moment so in the employment section I simply wrote, 'unemployed'. I was told employment is not a requirement for naturalisation.

I hope this helps a bit.

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:25 am

Hi guys , thank u so much for your valuable input ,
Couple of more question please
1: Current application version is for may 15, is it still valid to use or any new version coming as i heard new guidbook updated recently , we insha Allah applying on monday
2: regarding question 7.7
"I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances, the Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need in my case to fulfil them.
*Delete if not applicable
Special circumstances – which requirements do you think you fail to meet and what are the special circumstances? " do we neec to fill these as my mrs have been absent for 98 days in last 12 month becuse her father was terminally ill
Or we leave it blank as from guideline its says upto 100 days absence will be disregarded
Thanks all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:08 pm

You delete or draw a line through that particular paragraph as it is NOT applicable. 98 days absence should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.