ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and FPN

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

milindsm

ILR and FPN

Post by milindsm » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:57 am

Hello Everyone

I (Main Applicant) am going to apply for ILR this December along with my wife. My question is regarding the Fixed Penalty Notice. My wife received FPN (Using Handheld mobile telephone whilst driving) a couple of months ago. Actually, she was waiting at the red light with hand-brakes on and briefly checked the time. She requested the officers that they can check the call history to make sure that she didn't make/receive any calls/texts.

After a few days, she received a letter from the Met Police that due to administrative issues the case has been dismissed and the fine will be refunded and points on the license will be cancelled. Happy ending ...

Should I mention this in the covering letter? I don't mind mentioning this but I need some help as I want to chose the wording very cautiously. Hope it won't have an adverse effect on the application. Anything to mention in Section 7 (Personal History) ?

Cheers

quadusa

Re: ILR and FPN

Post by quadusa » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:01 pm

You shouldn't mention this in Section 7. You said it was FPN and didn't mention there was any court sentence.

See below

You must give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a sentence of
the court.