ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed for further leave to remain

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Waqas17

Help needed for further leave to remain

Post by Waqas17 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi,

My wife came on a 2.5 year spouse visa which was granted in Sept 2014, and will expire on May 2017.

Our current income is salaried £18,500. I also get working/child tax credits, child benefit and housing benefit on top, but i guess this can't be used. All benefits are in my name only, apart from the tax credits where you have to apply jointly.

We have also been blessed with a baby boy recently, which i think raises the financial requirement to £22,400. My question is, if my salary stays the same, what options do i have? Will my wife be deported?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Help needed for further leave to remain

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:46 pm

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. A British child isn't included in the financial calculation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:50 pm

What is your status?

If you are a British citizen, the child is not included in the calculations as it is already a British citizen.

If you are on ILR and the child was born in the UK, ditto.

In any other circumstance, your initial calculation is correct.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Yes i am a British citizen, and my son was born recently in the UK, so i guess he is not included? Wish the rules were clear, been worrying about this recently!

So i just need to meet the £18600 requirement? Only £100 short lol, may have to ask for a small payrise :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:23 pm

Yes, only £18,600.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Casa wrote:Yes, only £18,600.
Seem as a lot may happen in the next 18 months before you apply, i think it may be premature to give an answer to your query.

UK may be out of ECHR, income threshold may have increased. A lot would have happened by 2017 May.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:17 pm

I was of course only referring to the current rules. No one can predict the future..but one would assume that for someone already on a 5 year path to settlement that there would be a transitional arrangement regarding income, as it was for those on the pre-July 2012 route.
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Casa wrote:I was of course only referring to the current rules. No one can predict the future..but one would assume that for someone already on a 5 year path to settlement that there would be a transitional arrangement regarding income, as it was for those on the pre-July 2012 route.
I agree Casa . I just by mistake cited your post.

As you are aware, in some cases the government provide transitional provisions and on some occasion does not .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

MEDSS
Newly Registered

Post by MEDSS » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Hello Guys.

I have a similar Q.

I am a British Female with 2 British children. My husband is Ugandan ad currently i Uganda. I have just got a new job of 23,000-26000. now, I understand that I have to work for a minimum of 6 moths before we can even apply for my husband to join us, but my question is this....

CAN I CLAIM ANY BEFITS NOW THAT WILL OT AFFECT HIS APPLICATION I 6 MOTHS? particularly housing benefit, child benefit, working tax & child tax. This is because the visa rules say that he has no recourse to benefits. but of course not, he is not here yet, so does this apply to me too?

Thanks For your advise

Waqas17

Post by Waqas17 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:37 pm

Obie/casa: thanks for the confirmation. At least i know now im only £100 short, which means i need over £16k in savings (ridiculous!) but i will hopefully be earning more by then.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:49 pm

You can do it...only £1.75 extra a week :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)