ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DNA TESTING -PLEASE HELP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amen
Newly Registered

DNA TESTING -PLEASE HELP

Post by Amen » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:44 pm

Please, guys do you have suggestion of the below:

I have been requested to do DNA Testing with my sponsor, to prove relationship. I was also requested to provide answers to some questions. I have done all these and sent back for over one month now and i have not heard from UKBA.

This application is EEA EFM. Please what could be delaying them from getting back to me, this is over seven months i submitted this application. help help

secret.simon

Re: DNA TESTING -PLEASE HELP

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:58 pm

What is the relationship between your sponsor and you?

I am really surprised at this. I was aware of DNA testing for UK Immigration Route visas, but I did not think that that would be legal under EEA Regulations.

I am sure that even the Home Office is aware that families can be created through adoption rather than procreation.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:08 pm

secret.simon wrote:What is the relationship between your sponsor and you?

I am really surprised at this. I was aware of DNA testing for UK Immigration Route visas, but I did not think that that would be legal under EEA Regulations.

I am sure that even the Home Office is aware that families can be created through adoption rather than procreation.
Nephew. A complicated case secret.simon :| This may help...
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1183603
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amen
Newly Registered

Post by Amen » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:22 pm

Hello,
What do you mean by a complicated case secret?
Please, be explicit, people might have heard such experiences. Everything on earth is possible. I was asked to provide DNA and question and I have done that. There is nothing complicated about my stuff.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Amen wrote:Hello,
What do you mean by a complicated case secret?
Please, be explicit, people might have heard such experiences. Everything on earth is possible. I was asked to provide DNA and question and I have done that. There is nothing complicated about my stuff.
You've misread my post. I didn't write 'complicated case secret'...I wrote complicated case secret.simon (the member who responded to your post).
I don't believe anyone would consider your case straightforward if they were to read through your previous lengthy thread, which I've posted a link to.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amen
Newly Registered

Post by Amen » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:57 pm

Great, few things that I will point out for you. Extended family member applications are not meant to really look straight forward. My sponsor is my nephew and as such there is close relationship. You may be worried that he is a child but there is no imm law that states the level of our dependency to our sponsors.
Furthermore, I think these are the basic steps or criteria for approving application under these category;

1. Valid I'd 2. Evidence of relationship and 3. evidence of exercising threaty rights.
Upon this the applicant has to show that they satisfy section 8 of immig law 2006.

I am thinking they are just wasting time so that I won't find it easy. Sorry for my grammatical error, typing from a phone

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:20 pm

I'm not commenting specifically on your case as I will leave it to others who are better placed to give advise. Fellow moderator Obie however, with his knowledge of EEA regulations commented in your other thread when discussing this with member Rosebead:
"I have no difficulty in accepting that the OP will have difficulty in succeeding, the difference between us, is the reason why he will not succeed."
(Casa, not CR001)

Amen
Newly Registered

Post by Amen » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:39 pm

It is just on me today. lol. Well, I know that every comment on this site is opinion and suggestion.
I wanted to know why they are delaying to get back to me, 'CASA'. Why would you not comment specifically on my case?.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Because as I've already said there are others more knowledgeable on EEA regulations and extended family members. No one can tell you why there is a delay in deciding your case and anything would be simply guesswork.
(Casa, not CR001)

Amen
Newly Registered

Post by Amen » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:55 pm

please, has anyone been requested to do DNA????????????????. After your result was submitted what happened?????????????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:25 pm

Amen wrote:please, has anyone been requested to do DNA????????????????. After your result was submitted what happened?????????????
You will need to show a bit of patience on the forum. When someone who can advise is available, I am sure they will respond. Casa has already said that Obie would likely be the most knowledgeable to answer your question as your case does not appear to be straightforward. We offer our time for free here and also have jobs and families. You can of course always pay an OISC advisor for advice if you need an immediate and urgent response.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:04 pm

Although not applicable in your case, be aware of a similar question regarding a passport request for the child of an unmarried British father.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 96946.html

It is possible that the Home Office is tightening rights to settlement through what in the US are called "anchor children".
CR001 wrote:You will need to show a bit of patience on the forum. When someone who can advise is available, I am sure they will respond.
+1

I would also recommend being courteous to other members on these forums Casa was guiding the conversation about your case by pointing out threads that gave a fuller picture about your situation. Your language towards her struck me as disrespectful, especially given that she was trying to help you.
CR001 wrote:Casa has already said that Obie would likely be the most knowledgeable to answer your question as your case does not appear to be straightforward.
I have had my differences with Obie on matters of opinion, but I respect his legal knowledge and would be foolish to disregard his legal advice. I would agree with Casa and CR001 that Obie would be the best person to guide this conversation forward as it is a complex area of law.

I would just point out that EFMs do not derive rights automatically under the Directives to the extent of family members.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:08 pm

+1, thanks SS
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:10 pm

Appreciated SS, thank you.
(Casa, not CR001)

Amen
Newly Registered

Post by Amen » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:27 am

DEAR ALL

I SINCERELY APOLOGISE TO YOU ALL. PLEASE FORGIVE ME IN ANY WAY I HAVE USED A WRONG WORD TO YOU ALL.

CHEERS

Amen
Newly Registered

Re: IS IT ALLOWED TO SPEAK TO OBIE

Post by Amen » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:06 pm

Hello Obie,

Please, can you give me the opportunity to speak to you. my email is xxxxx . I will be happy if you give me the opportunity to speak to you.

Edit: Under Board rules personal emails are always removed to protect the members against spammers who also trawl this forum.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Amen wrote:please, has anyone been requested to do DNA????????????????. After your result was submitted what happened?????????????
You will need to show a bit of patience on the forum. When someone who can advise is available, I am sure they will respond. Casa has already said that Obie would likely be the most knowledgeable to answer your question as your case does not appear to be straightforward. We offer our time for free here and also have jobs and families. You can of course always pay an OISC advisor for advice if you need an immediate and urgent response.
Exactly CR001 - this kind of response really annoys me (I mean the one from Amen)!

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:13 am

Amen ,
Please compose yourself and read the rules of this forum.

Typing LIKE THIS is considered shouting and is not very pleasant to read.
Posting sensitive information such as your email on a public forum is not recommended either .
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

Amen
Newly Registered

Post by Amen » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:55 am

Thanks for the correction. I am not aware of that.