ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help On UKTouristVISA - Rejected, even with docs!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kiran.katawa
Newly Registered

Help On UKTouristVISA - Rejected, even with docs!

Post by kiran.katawa » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:01 pm

Hi,

(NOTE: I have attached the rejection letters at the bottom)

I applied for my in-laws VISA for the first time.
It was rejected for the reasons that I didn't furnish any documents supporting the economic status that I had mentioned for my inlaws. Yes, I agree - 'coz, I didn't produce any bank statements or property documents in their names. I had furnished only my documents.

Immediately, I reapplied only for my mother in law. This time, I furnished
1. Her bank statements showing the proof that my wife keeps sending money to her
2. A deposit from my side and I also acknowledged that I am depositing the amount, as I was the sponsorer.
3. My mother-in-laws property documents.
4. My mother-in-laws other children's ID proof, which shows mother's name to prove the larger family she has there.

But, again it is rejected. This time with multiple reasons:
1. That she is supported by me and my wife(daughter and relatives in UK and not in INDIA)
2. Property docs and ID proofs of children doesn't prove that she would return!

My wife is in her 9th month. But, I didn't mention this point. Can I now re-apply and mention this? I receive opposite opinions on mentioning this point! Experts please suggest.

I amn't able to attach the letters, as the size limiation for attachment is just 100kb.

Thank you,
Warm regards,
Kiran

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help On UKTouristVISA - Rejected, even with docs!

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Not a good start if you apply 3 times with difference reasons/documents each time. It is the applicants responsibility to provide evidence of their circumstances in their home country and have to convince the ECO that they will return after their visit. They are becoming tough on visitor visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:45 pm

Did you read the Visitor guidance notes?

The two crucial things that you need to prove are that they can support themselves in the UK (which you can do with your statements as I presume that you will be supporting them) and that they have stronger ties with their home country than with the UK and that they will leave the UK to return to India before their six months visa expires. Inability to prove this last point is the most common reason for rejection on these forums.

If her daughter and a new-born grandchild are in the UK, you are going to have to prove compelling evidence to the fact that she has strong ties with India. Does she have property there, a job there, other close family there? Add proof of all those.

Also be aware that as CR001 has mentioned, two failed applications in a span of a few months would mean that your mother in law's application would be very closely scrutinised and may take longer than average.

Also remember that the role of the wife's mother is not as exalted in British culture as in Indian culture. A caseworker born and raised in the UK may not attach the same significance to having your mother-in-law around at the birth of her grandchild as you do.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kiran.katawa
Newly Registered

Post by kiran.katawa » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Thank you CR001.
The 2nd time, I havn't changed my reasons. I just added the proofs for the claims that I have made in the application. During my 1st application - I hadn't provided the same.

Effectively, it would be adding the reasons of pregnancy now, which is would make the difference.

Thank you Simon
Regarding your point:
Does she have property there, a job there, other close family there? Add proof of all those.

Yes, she has property in India in her name. I had sent the property document.
She has 2 more daughters and a son. I had sent an ID proof of all the members, where mother's name is shown.
Also, husband's ID proof and No-Obj letter.

For all these documents the officer has mentioned that - "These in isolation doesn't demonstrate a strong reason for you to leave the UK after the limited period as stated by you"! :(

So, in nutshell, its not a good idea to re-apply again with the medical reasons then?

Warm regards,
Kiran