ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PREVIOUS EARNINGS : FULL TIME AND PART TIME

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mkal08
Newly Registered

PREVIOUS EARNINGS : FULL TIME AND PART TIME

Post by mkal08 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:49 pm

Hi

I am working for a firm since past 3 yrs as an 8 hours everyday.But other than this ,since the last 7 mths,i have also been working as a consultant ,part timely after my working hours.However,,this was purely commission based,and i was drawing salary in cash.

Can i show both my earnings?
If Yes,then what evidence do i need for the second part time job?

Please assist?

wukong

Re: PREVIOUS EARNINGS : FULL TIME AND PART TIME

Post by wukong » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:52 am

mkal08 wrote:Hi

I am working for a firm since past 3 yrs as an 8 hours everyday.But other than this ,since the last 7 mths,i have also been working as a consultant ,part timely after my working hours.However,,this was purely commission based,and i was drawing salary in cash.

Please assist?
I have the same concern. Could anyone give any answer?
thanks in advance.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:22 pm

Do you have two solid pieces of evidence for your earnings, and a good reaosn why there are no payslips? Were you registered self employed? Did you pay tax? Is this amount featuring in your tax returns?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

wukong

Hi Victoria

Post by wukong » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:33 pm

VictoriaS wrote:Do you have two solid pieces of evidence for your earnings, and a good reaosn why there are no payslips? Were you registered self employed? Did you pay tax? Is this amount featuring in your tax returns?

Victoria
I have P60 and payslip and bankstatement evidence for the full time job, but only got pay slip and employer's letter for the part time job. Is that OK?

thanks

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:41 pm

Does the pay slip show that tax has been paid? If so then you should be okay, but I cannot say for sure without seeing the documents.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

vnvijay

Hi dude, did u apply for HSMP,

Post by vnvijay » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:09 pm

Hi dude,

was your issued solved on the part time earnings or wat steps you took to over come this.

mkal08 wrote:Hi

Please assist?

jovialguy
Newly Registered

Post by jovialguy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:19 pm

-- edited --
Last edited by jovialguy on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:54 pm

If you are writing, "Dear Sir", you should conclude "yours faithfully", not "yours truly".
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

vnvijay

Previous Earnings jovialguy

Post by vnvijay » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:04 am

Hi,

i am not a senior member of this forum, but still have a small advise to you!

I think as per the guidance, they have not mentioned the part time earnings should be there for entire period (claimed period).

So what i advise you is, send them an e-mail or pls call them & explain the situation. Advisable is put this data (earnings, employer) in excel & project them.

When you call them, explain part time job was started four months back, is that ok ?

Just let me know the reply, but pls call them or send them an e-mail immediately.

Vijay

[quote="jovialguy"]Previous Earnings
Claimed: 25
Earned: 20

My refusal letter explains:

"1. You stated an income of 5,252.50 equivalent earned in Pakistan, a Band D country.
2. The evidence you have supplied shows that you earned 4,714.29.
3. The wage slips and employer letter confirmed the amount of 585,000 rupees earned between October 2006 and September 2007. However, on conversation to UK pounds using the date of last wage slip (1 October 2007) this came to the 4,714.29 as outlined above.
4. In line with the published guidance, 20 points have been awarded."

My observations are:

1. 585000 was the earning from my first employer, they clearly did not consider my part time employment earnings of 65600? That i wanted to say in my appeal.

2. I am concerned why they did not consider the part-time earning when it was clearly mentioned in cover letter. If they saw the 2nd employer evidence as not supportive, then they should have mentioned any deficiency in refusal letter, which they didn't.

3. My 2nd part-time employment covers 4 months and also it is in evening. Will that have any issue? It is clearly mentioned in guidance doc that you can show earning from several employments in the claimed period.

4. Do any one sees an issue with 4 months employment? as it does not cover 12 months but three valid evidences were provided in application. The salary payment mode was "CASH"

If senior members see an issue with my application please identify.

MY EARNING COVER LETTER

Dated: October 9, 2007

To
The Immigration Officer,
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)

Dear Sir/Madam,
Sub: Cover letter for Past Earnings Category.

The tax year in Pakistan begins in 01st July and ends in 30th June.

I have claimed 25 points for the gross income PKR 650600 or GBP 5252.5 from two employers.

Employer 1:

I worked as full time employee in Employer 1 (Pvt.) Limited from October-2006 to September-2007 and earned PKR 585000 or GBP 4711.928 in Pakistan.

As per Annex-C of HSMP guidelines I am providing the following evidences.
Documents Submitted for HSMP Approval:

Required evidence:
1) 12 months salary slips stamped and signed by finance manager xxx.
2) Original IT-2 form (Income Tax Return) which covers only 9 months of period claimed from employer 1 that is October 2006 – June 2007.

3) I have also attached original “Certificate of Collection or Deduction of Income Tax (Including Salary) (under rule 42)â€

vnvijay

urgent reply please Victoria

Post by vnvijay » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:48 am

VictoriaS wrote:Does the pay slip show that tax has been paid? If so then you should be okay, but I cannot say for sure without seeing the documents.

Victoria
Hi Victoria,

I do a part time job, but there is not income tax deduction as the salary I get on the part time job does not fall into income tax bracket.

But if I sum both my part & full time, (income tax is paid on full time job, it also appears in my pay-slip) I need to pay the tax on the part time also.

It is mandatory to show the Income tax deduction on the part time also.

Thanks,
Vijay

saeen
Newly Registered

help on tax return and payslips

Post by saeen » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:02 pm

hi jovialguy,,, it looks like you are from pakistan,,,

i need some help regarding documentations, please answer the following:

1. The tax return document you supplied is the one which is returned from CBR after receiving stamp
2. Online Payslip or Payslip : my employer provide the payslip on which it is clearly stated the company name, my name & designation, as all the details where the money is being transfered. However, No stamp or signature,,, what do you would that be ok,,, I am also sending the tax return document, for which the employer has approved but its not covereing the whole period. I am also sending the bank statements,,, would that be ok as well,,,

thanks in advance,,, if anyone else can help me, please do,,,
jovialguy wrote:Previous Earnings
Claimed: 25
Earned: 20

My refusal letter explains:

"1. You stated an income of 5,252.50 equivalent earned in Pakistan, a Band D country.
2. The evidence you have supplied shows that you earned 4,714.29.
3. The wage slips and employer letter confirmed the amount of 585,000 rupees earned between October 2006 and September 2007. However, on conversation to UK pounds using the date of last wage slip (1 October 2007) this came to the 4,714.29 as outlined above.
4. In line with the published guidance, 20 points have been awarded."

--------
--------
--------
--------
--------

Yours truly,
ME

jovialguy
Newly Registered

Re: Previous Earnings jovialguy

Post by jovialguy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:04 pm

vnvijay wrote:Hi,

i am not a senior member of this forum, but still have a small advise to you!

I think as per the guidance, they have not mentioned the part time earnings should be there for entire period (claimed period).

So what i advise you is, send them an e-mail or pls call them & explain the situation. Advisable is put this data (earnings, employer) in excel & project them.

When you call them, explain part time job was started four months back, is that ok ?

Just let me know the reply, but pls call them or send them an e-mail immediately.

Vijay

-- edited --

jovialguy
Newly Registered

Re: help on tax return and payslips

Post by jovialguy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:05 pm

saeen wrote:hi jovialguy,,, it looks like you are from pakistan,,,

1. The tax return document you supplied is the one which is returned from CBR after receiving stamp
2. Online Payslip or Payslip : my employer provide the payslip on which it is clearly stated the company name, my name & designation, as all the details where the money is being transfered. However, No stamp or signature,,, what do you would that be ok,,, I am also sending the tax return document, for which the employer has approved but its not covereing the whole period. I am also sending the bank statements,,, would that be ok as well,,,

-- edited --

jovialguy
Newly Registered

Post by jovialguy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:06 pm

-- edited --

jovialguy
Newly Registered

Post by jovialguy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:06 pm

-- edited --