ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1( General ) visiting visa for widow motherinlaw

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

san19
Newly Registered

Tier1( General ) visiting visa for widow motherinlaw

Post by san19 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:56 am

Hi Friends,

We have applied visiting visa for my mother in law, but it got rejected with a refusal letter to show that source of fixed deposits, and also said that they doubt that she will return to india with in VISA expiry time

She is a widow unemployed and will not get any pension ( as she never worked) and has got 4 daughters , 3 daughters were settled in India and only one daughter is in UK ( my wife, we have mentioned this in application ) , she has done Fixed Deposit one in July and other in Sep , we have applied visa in Oct 2015 along with bank statements, fixed deposits, house registration documents and adding to this we have provided CA certificate confirming her monthly income from Rent on her house and Interest on FD

please advise how to reapply for her,and what docs to include ,as we wish to bring her for couple of months and she will definitely go back, though she is not working and a widow, as she got three daughters and her home and family are in India and only we are in UK.

Please reply to us ASAP, so that we can apply for her again ..

Thanks
San

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Tier1( General ) visiting visa for widow motherinlaw

Post by Wanderer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:07 am

Need to liquid cash, not fixed deposits.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:02 pm

What is the source of funds in her FDs? Hopefully she has a clear paper trail.

But he most common cause for refusal is the lack of proof of strong links back home. You will need to strengthen the links back to her country of normal residence quite substantially if she is a widow without a current job.

Does she have property that she has to manage? Get letters from her daughters about how she stays with their families on a regular basis and how they meet often, some photographs of your mother-in-law at her daughters' homes would not be amiss.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

san19
Newly Registered

Post by san19 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi

Thanks for your replies

Refusal letter says--

you have declared as unemployed widow , receiving total of £147 p/month from rents,savings and stated that you spenfd only £50 /month.as you have shown FD's since 8th july and previous balance is only 27000INR .you have NOT therefore satisfactorily shown the origin of the moneythat you claim to have held since july 2015 and iam not satisfied that tah picture you present is an accurate portrayal of your finalcial situtation of your circumstances in India.

Hence they refused her visa
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you Please answer to my explanations.

1)Source of her FD's--mother in law sold property in 2009 (House incurred from her father in law) and she deposited money in her own a/c in 2009...after that she lended to a person with PROMISARY NOTE to get more interest rate (24%/annum) than bank interest rate(6.5%/annum).

Can we submit promisary note as proof of money she had lended ? or

2009 EC certificate and 2009 bank statement?

2)As we invited her to UK she has taken her own money from this person in july and fixed in bank as FD's on 8th july and 29th sep --3 lakhs and 4 lakhs respectively

3)Currenlty she lives in her elder dausghters house in india--can her eldest daughter show her voter id card and adhar card as both are living in same address?..other two daughter also lives in same city and do regular visits..how to prove to visa officer?

4)Mother in law has property--its in other city and she rented it and gets 12000 INR -she has rent agreement(also checked by NOTARY)

Your replies are much appreciated.

Thanks
San

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:06 pm

You may want to translate most of your last post into terms that more people on these forums can understand.
san19 wrote:adhar card
san19 wrote:2009 EC certificate
Also, quote all monetary values in pounds sterling so that we can give responses with better understanding of the situation.
san19 wrote:3)Currenlty she lives in her elder dausghters house in india--can her eldest daughter show her voter id card and adhar card as both are living in same address?..other two daughter also lives in same city and do regular visits..how to prove to visa officer?
If the identity card that you quote is government issued and a photo-identity card, that should be acceptable.

Letters from the two other daughters would help.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

san19
Newly Registered

Post by san19 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi Sorry for my abbreviations in earlier post

Could you Please answer to my explanations.

Source of her Fixed Deposits--mother in law sold property in 2009 (House incurred from her father in law) and she deposited money in her own a/c in 2009...after that she lended to a person with PROMISSARY NOTE to get more interest rate (24%/annum) than bank interest rate(6.5%/annum).

Can we submit promissary note as proof of money she had lended ?
(promissary note--a signed document containing a written promise to pay a stated sum to a specified person or the bearer at a specified date or on demand)
OR
can we submit --2009 EC certificate and 2009 bank statement?
EC--Encumbrance Certificate--is an official government document to show that property is sold

As we invited her to UK she has taken her own money from this person in july and fixed in bank as Fixed deposits on 8th july and 29th sep --£3000 and £4000 respectively

Currenlty she lives in her elder daughters house in india--can her eldest daughter show her voter id card and Adhar card as both are living in same address?..other two daughter also lives in same town and do regular visits..how to prove to visa officer?
Adhar card--is UNIQUE identification card issued by government of India.

Mother in law has property--its in other town and she rented it and gets £120/month -she has rent agreement(also checked by NOTARY officer)

Your replies are much appreciated.

Thanks
San

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:21 pm

If the money is lent how can it be counted as liquid funds?

san19
Newly Registered

Post by san19 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:39 pm

As we invited her to UK she has taken her own money from this person in july and fixed in bank as Fixed deposits on 8th july and 29th sep --£3000 and £4000 respectively

san19
Newly Registered

Post by san19 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:45 pm

Hello Friends,

Actually my mom in law expected return for her money, hence she lent money to a person rather than bank, but it is not liquid cash , as she has money for her expenses, she has lent 4000 pounds and 3000 pounds to others ( instead of bank) so that she got more money in return ( as in the form of interest on monthly basis)

Thanks
San

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm

san19 wrote:Hello Friends,

Actually my mom in law expected return for her money, hence she lent money to a person rather than bank, but it is not liquid cash , as she has money for her expenses, she has lent 4000 pounds and 3000 pounds to others ( instead of bank) so that she got more money in return ( as in the form of interest on monthly basis)

Thanks
San
Then it can't be counted IMO....

san19
Newly Registered

Post by san19 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:39 am

Hello Friends,

Adding to the below, my wife is pregnant and due to baby's position consultants have confirmed to have cesarean C section, so now we thought we definitely need help of my mother in law as this is our first baby and not sure how to get on with both mom and baby, ( as my wife may not be recovered as expected like normal delivery ) and not sure how to deal with baby those days..

so I am thinking to apply again explaining from where we got funds for fixed deposits and also to mention about her Pregnancy and Cesarean, Consultants confirmed it on Oct 30 th , so we have that appointment letter, shall I include that as well in application..

Do you think that will help us to get VISA for my mother in law, again she is not here only as a care taker, but also to enjoy our first baby arrival with out any tension.

Please reply ASAP as her cesarean date is 17 of this month (NOV), so we need to apply for visa and get result and she has to travel..

Thanks in advance ,

any response is much appreciated.

Thanks

San