ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel while waiting for MN1-urgent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abcinfo
Newly Registered

Travel while waiting for MN1-urgent

Post by abcinfo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi Experts

I have a very peculiar situation. I along with my daughter and husband need to travel to India in the next few days. In June, me and my husband got our ILR. We did not include our toddler on ILR as she was born in the UK. Immediately after getting our ILR, we applied for her MN1(naturalisation). Meanwhile, my daughter's Tier 1 dependent expired in Aug'15, hence she does not have any document for entry clearance into the UK. It has been 4 months and we still have not received the naturalisation certificate.

We have all our tickets booked for this weekend. Is there a way to still be able to travel to India and be able for my daughter to get entry back into the UK without the certificate/passport?Is there any document that can be got from UK immigration in the meantime? Appreciate urgent response pls, as we literally have no time!! Many thanks!
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel while waiting for MN1-urgent

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:18 pm

She cannot re-enter the UK if she does not have a visa or her British passport.

As of now, she is without status in the UK and having a pending BC application does not mean anything, only the approval and certificate/Passport does.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abcinfo
Newly Registered

Post by abcinfo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:33 pm

Thanks CR001.
Can she re-enter the UK if we receive the certificate before travel? Will it be possible basis the naturalisation certificate alone?
Maybe we can ask a friend to courier it to us in India if it arrives after we leave..

Regards

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:39 pm

abcinfo wrote:Thanks CR001.
Can she re-enter the UK if we receive the certificate before travel? Will it be possible basis the naturalisation certificate alone?
Maybe we can ask a friend to courier it to us in India if it arrives after we leave..

Regards
Yes you can, once naturalised she can enter in to the UK with the certificate. But you may run in to a problem with the airline staff since she doesn't have a valid visa.

abcinfo
Newly Registered

Post by abcinfo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:02 pm

Thanks Navodwickra

I will call the airline and check with them. Hopefully they have seen cases like this before and would know how to tackle.

Regards

abcinfo
Newly Registered

Post by abcinfo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Hi

I just spoke to the airline. They said they would not stop us if the Indian immigration clears us for travel.
Do you think the Indian immigration should have any problem considering she only has a certificate and not a passport/visa?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Well, per your first post, she doesn't have a certificate. A certificate is also not a travel document. From India, they are obligated to check that all travelers have the appropriate visa (if required) to travel to their destination and you don't have this for her.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:38 pm

abcinfo wrote:Hi

I just spoke to the airline. They said they would not stop us if the Indian immigration clears us for travel.
Do you think the Indian immigration should have any problem considering she only has a certificate and not a passport/visa?

Regards
sorry abcinfo, I am not from India and have 0 experience with them. Normally where I come from they demand a visa before letting us get to the flight. What's the airline by the way? because I have travelled via many and all of them urged me to show my visa documents.

abcinfo
Newly Registered

Post by abcinfo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi Navodwickra

We are booked Jet Airways. Their CC said they would not have a problem if immigration clears the travel. However, still waiting for the confirmation on e-mail.
Is there any kind of travel document/authorization that can be got from UKBA?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:37 pm

A
CR001 wrote:Well, per your first post, she doesn't have a certificate. A certificate is also not a travel document. From India, they are obligated to check that all travelers have the appropriate visa (if required) to travel to their destination and you don't have this for her.
If she doesn't have a certificate, there isn't much you can do other than to apply for a visa, that is the only authorization you can get, so not sure what you think is possible from UKVI/HO. How long are you going to be away for?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

abcinfo
Newly Registered

Post by abcinfo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Hi CR001

We plan to be away for 3 weeks. I posted an inquiry on 'What do they know' about the status of her naturalization certificate. They came back with a reply today, saying that it had been processed and dispatched and we should be receiving it any time now.
But I still would not have time to apply for the passport, before our travel 2 days later(on the weekend). Not sure if I should cancel/postpone the tickets..and lose lot of money :( (travel to india, domestic flights between delhi and mumbai, return to UK)

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:13 pm

The only thing you can do is either postpone the travel or apply for a Certificate of Entitlement or Right of Abode from India. Not sure how long these applications take though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)