ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 2 change of employment process

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SuperLuigiBros
Newly Registered

UK Tier 2 change of employment process

Post by SuperLuigiBros » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:27 pm

Hello,

I'm an Australian citizen currently being sponsored with a Tier 2 visa at a company I've been working for for the last 3.5 years. I have recently been offered a job at another company. The new company have just begun the process to get the sponsorship license to sponsor me, but beyond that I've heard contradictory things regarding the process for both the new company and myself.

So, a couple of questions:

1. Since I'm already sponsored and have a sponsor ID, do I need to do anything or will that ID just transfer over after they've received their license to sponsor? Or do I need to apply for an extension on my visa (my current visa will already last until I reach 5 years for Indefinite leave to remain)?

2. Am I able to begin any such processes now or do I need to wait for them to become a sponsor before I can progress with my side of the process?

I hope to begin in January - will 2 months be enough time to get this sorted?

Thanks in advance for you help!

justdopposite

Re: UK Tier 2 change of employment process

Post by justdopposite » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:56 pm

1. you need to apply for a new Tier 2 via with a new Cert. of sponsorship (CoS). Your new company needs to show proof of RLMT done unless your job is in shortage occupation list.
2. you can't make any progress until they are a registered sponsor and you are assigned a new CoS.

Do NOT resign from your current job, until you get your new T2 visa.