ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET O Section 4 knowledge of English

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bharani1208
Newly Registered

ILR SET O Section 4 knowledge of English

Post by bharani1208 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:47 pm

Hi,

Need a clarification. Help is appreciated.

I am in TIER 1 VISA ( Main Applicant ) and have already proved my English When I first came to UK in Jan 2011. I am going to apply my ILR early Jan 2016 and I am looking into the SET O Form(Section 4). Should I prove it again while applying ILR ?

My degree is taught in English and is shown in TIER 2 PBS Calculator with " 10 Points".

Is Just PBS calculator printout sheet + original degree certificate is enough or should I get UK NARIC English assessment Letter ?

I did apply for UK NARIC English assessment for safer side , but UK NARIC said that they want Letter from my university to further proceed the application .

I am wondering should I get a letter from university or JUST PBS printout for English skills is enough to get ILR.

Thanks in Advance for help.

Thanks,
Bharani J

skreddy

Re: ILR SET O Section 4 knowledge of English

Post by skreddy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:13 pm

Yes, if approach UK NARIC, they ask the Medium of Instruction letter from university, that is the required document for them to assess your qualification.
You definitely need Medium of Instruction letter from university.
But, If you have that letter, no need the UK NARIC assessment letter. Just few months ago,one of my cousin applied for SET M with university letter and the degree certificate, she got ILR.

bharani1208
Newly Registered

Post by bharani1208 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi skreddy,

Thanks for the Reply.

It is very difficult to go back to India, spend money and time and get the letter from Madras University in short time.

I have proven the English Skills while I have first applied for TIER 1 .

So my question is UK NARIC English assessment Letter is really necessary in my case or
I can prove my English Skills by showing my Engineering degree certificate + PBS Calculator screen print ?

Thanks,
Bharani J

skreddy

Post by skreddy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:35 pm

Which university you had your qualification?

skreddy

Post by skreddy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:37 pm

I know you have showed the proof at your initial Tier 1, but you have to show the proof again for ILR.

skreddy

Post by skreddy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:40 pm

UK NARIC certificate is not necessary, but the Medium of Instruction fro university is compulsory.

You no need to go personally for this letter(subject to university), just last week I had that letter from JNTU for my wife.

They just ask for the photocopy of the degree certificate, they give the letter to anyone.

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:04 pm

based on experience of other applicants who got ILR via SET(O), submitting just original degree along with PBS calculator print out should be enough, no need to approach UK NARIC until unless Degree is not awarded point by calculator
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

gunaseks
Newly Registered

Post by gunaseks » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:01 pm

abhisheks9 wrote:based on experience of other applicants who got ILR via SET(O), submitting just original degree along with PBS calculator print out should be enough, no need to approach UK NARIC until unless Degree is not awarded point by calculator

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi

If your university & degree is listed in the PBS calculator then you are not required to submit any confirmation from UK NARIC and neither are you required to submit anything for medium of instruction from your university. Just submit your original degree certificate & print out of PBS calculator and you'll be fine.

bharani1208
Newly Registered

Post by bharani1208 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:02 am

Thanks a lot for conforming.