ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit and immigration control question.Please Help

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ilr_2015
Newly Registered

Child benefit and immigration control question.Please Help

Post by Ilr_2015 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:28 pm

Hello everyone..!!
Me and my wife gt ILR visa in July last week..!!now I was about to apply for child benefit for my daughter..!! But in CH2 form I hv quick question about what to answer in Q19.Are you subject to immigration control now,or have you been at any time in the last 3 months..?? Shall I say Yes/No..??please Help.. Do I have to send any home office documents with child benefit form..!!?

And also Q18.Tell us the date you arrived in the UK..??
What shall I put for this..?? As I arrived in 2004..!!
Please Help..!!

Thanks for your help in advance..!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child benefit and immigration control question.Please He

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Ilr_2015 wrote:Hello everyone..!!
Me and my wife gt ILR visa in July last week..!!now I was about to apply for child benefit for my daughter..!!

July was 4 months ago or do you mean you got ILR only last week.
But in CH2 form I hv quick question about what to answer in Q19.Are you subject to immigration control now,or have you been at any time in the last 3 months..?? Shall I say Yes/No..??please Help.. Do I have to send any home office documents with child benefit form..!!?
You put yes if you only recently got ILR and no if it was more than 3 months ago that you got ILR. They only ask this as in certain situations, CB can be backdated by 3 months. You will have to send proof of your ILR.

If you arrived in 2004, then that is what you put.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ilr_2015
Newly Registered

Post by Ilr_2015 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Hello..!!
Thanks for your quick reply..!!
Sorry it was last week of July when we got our ILR..!!do we still need to send ILR / Home office document for child benefit claim..?please help..!!
Many thank
CR001 wrote:
Ilr_2015 wrote:Hello everyone..!!
Me and my wife gt ILR visa in July last week..!!now I was about to apply for child benefit for my daughter..!!

July was 4 months ago or do you mean you got ILR only last week.
But in CH2 form I hv quick question about what to answer in Q19.Are you subject to immigration control now,or have you been at any time in the last 3 months..?? Shall I say Yes/No..??please Help.. Do I have to send any home office documents with child benefit form..!!?
You put yes if you only recently got ILR and no if it was more than 3 months ago that you got ILR. They only ask this as in certain situations, CB can be backdated by 3 months. You will have to send proof of your ILR.

If you arrived in 2004, then that is what you put.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
You put yes if you only recently got ILR and no if it was more than 3 months ago that you got ILR. They only ask this as in certain situations, CB can be backdated by 3 months. . You will have to send proof of your ILR
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ilr_2015
Newly Registered

Post by Ilr_2015 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:00 am

Hi
Thanks for reply..!!
I was asking it because it doesn't say in application form that you have to submit your ILR documents..!?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:21 am

How else are they going to know that you are entitled to claim benefits if you don't send proof of ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:46 pm

Ilr_2015 wrote:Hi
Thanks for reply..!!
I was asking it because it doesn't say in application form that you have to submit your ILR documents..!?
Thanks
If you have been subject to immigration control in the
last 3 months, tell us the date your immigration status
was granted DD MM YYYY
Please send a copy of your Home Office documents to
us with this form

That is point 20 in child benefit form. clearly asking about your ILR.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided