ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa processing times

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mp3wizard
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa processing times

Post by mp3wizard » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:18 pm

Hello,

I have a few questions that I'd like clarification on if anyone can assist…

My wife applied for a settlement visa on the 14th September, she applied from a centre in Brasilia Brazil, she was told that only priority applications get sent to Rio de Janeiro and all the other applications get sent to Columbia Bogota for processing.

So when working out the estimated timeframe for a decision, where do we state she applied from? In Brasilia or where it’s actually being processed in Bogota?

The days that it mentions on home office website, is that working days or just days?

It is my assumption that she applied from Brasilia and that as a guide it should be processed within 60 days, so if we have heard nothing by November 14th we can then chase for an update, is that correct?

thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Settlement Visa processing times

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:21 pm

Brasilia and only working days are counted.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.