ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Assessment before applying for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aph123
Newly Registered

Self Assessment before applying for ILR

Post by aph123 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:48 pm

HI,

Is it mandatory to complete the HMRC self assessment before applying for ILR?

I was issued T-1(G) on feb 2011 and I am due for ILR in Jan 2016.

I have completed the Self assessment for the years 2012-2013, 2013-2014 and 2014-2015. But I havent been asked to complete self assessment for the year 2011-2012? I was employed during that year and have my P60.

Should I now file a paper self assessment form?

guaravd

Re: Self Assessment before applying for ILR

Post by guaravd » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Were you self employed in 2011 ?

Did you claim points from self employment in 2011 ?

aph123
Newly Registered

Post by aph123 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:38 pm

No, I wasnt self employed.

I was employed full time in 2011. I did not claim any points from self employment in 2011.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:18 pm

In that case you are not required to file any returns.

aph123
Newly Registered

Self Assessment Query

Post by aph123 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:18 pm

Hi,

During my extension of Tier-1(G) in 2013, I have claimed points by a combination of income from fulltime employment and income from my LTD company.

I have paid tax on my fulltime employment as it gets deducted by payroll. On my LTD company earnings I have paid corporation tax.

On the self assessment form for the year ending 2013, I had entered income details from fulltime employment only. My accountant reminded me that I have to enter income from my limited company on self assessment for 2013 for which I have sent an amended tax return in Oct 2015. My self assessment website is still not updated with the amended details.

I am due for ILR in Jan 2016. How can I get HMRC to update the details? What related documents do I need to carry for ILR. Will this be an issue for ILR. Please advice.

bluecandi
BANNED

Re: Self Assessment Query

Post by bluecandi » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:07 am

Take the accountant letter confirming your earning for each year with full break down.

Employment earned :: £1234
Self Employment ::: £5678

Expenses :: £910

Net profite : £xxxxxxx

Since you just sending them now so you wont have any confirmation letter from HMRC that they have received it or in progress.

If i would be at your place i would have sent my ILR application by post. So it will give time to HMRC acknowledge the documents i have sent.

But them again you have better chance to explain to case worker on window. Take a solicitor with you,

Regards

immig000

Re: Self Assessment Query

Post by immig000 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:50 am

bluecandi wrote:Take the accountant letter confirming your earning for each year with full break down.

Employment earned :: £1234
Self Employment ::: £5678

Expenses :: £910

Net profite : £xxxxxxx

Since you just sending them now so you wont have any confirmation letter from HMRC that they have received it or in progress.

If i would be at your place i would have sent my ILR application by post. So it will give time to HMRC acknowledge the documents i have sent.

But them again you have better chance to explain to case worker on window. Take a solicitor with you,

Regards
Hi Blucandi,
Suppose you have sent the amendment to HMRC but do not include this document when applying by post to HO(just to not attract unnecessary attention)
If by that time HMRC does not update, Will they call for an interview or ask for additonal documents or will they straight away reject the application?

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:20 am

One of my friend is going through this situation.

His HMRC records still need to be updated and he already applied by post for ILR. He included the letter got from HMRC that amendment in progress and also accountant letter.

He didnt receive any communication from UKBA at the moment. I will keep you lot posted.

jimtoole
BANNED

Post by jimtoole » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:49 pm

HI Bluecandi,

Did your friend get any correspondence from the HO.
Regards,
bluecandi wrote:One of my friend is going through this situation.

His HMRC records still need to be updated and he already applied by post for ILR. He included the letter got from HMRC that amendment in progress and also accountant letter.

He didnt receive any communication from UKBA at the moment. I will keep you lot posted.
Its hard to beat a person that never gives up.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:57 pm

jimtoole wrote:HI Bluecandi,

Did your friend get any correspondence from the HO.
Regards,
Unlikely you will get a response as user 'blucandi' has been banned from the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.