ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can anybody answer my question please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waqaspk
Newly Registered

can anybody answer my question please

Post by waqaspk » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:51 am

hello, i am looking to apply for hsmp next week. i am claiming 75 points i did my bsc from uk hertfordshir euniversity and i am still in uk under student visa . i came in uk in 2003 september finished my bachelors in computer science in 2004 july. i am under 28 years of age. My work experience i have a question there if anybody can answer that please i worked as database administrator in pakistan from 2002 agust till 2003 september before coming to uk it was a graduate level job but i was not graduate that time my earnings according to uk were 4500 per anum so i am claiming 20 points for past earnings please tell me will this experience be considered as i was not graduate that time please let me know .

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:25 pm

Hay Waqaspk,
I think u dont even know the new rules of HSMP which are being in effect from last November. First of all tell me how this is possible that u reached in 2003 in UK and completed BSC in 2004 i.e in less than one year.
secondly your previous work experience of Pak is countless now as the HO requirement is now u can claim points only within 15 months prior to making your application.
anyways..i think u need to first study the guidelines on HSMP which u can find on
www.workingintheuk.gov.uk
and if u need anyhelp in this regard , plz do not hesitate to ask me...mate
Tha
Asim Khan.....Khi Pak

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:49 pm

lol :roll: :roll: :roll:
I shake my head

asim_khan wrote:Hay Waqaspk,
First of all tell me how this is possible that u reached in 2003 in UK and completed BSC in 2004 i.e in less than one year.
Asim Khan.....Khi Pak
Pantaiema

waqaspk
Newly Registered

my god you gies dont know abou tthe rules

Post by waqaspk » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:49 pm

first thing i came in final year credit transfer direct into final year arite secondly you gies should read carefully the rules if your are full time student then your earnings before becoming student would be considered. my god you gies i thought you have knowledge about hsmp you should read th eguidline carefullu please.

thanks

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: my god you gies dont know abou tthe rules

Post by pantaiema » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:39 pm

waqaspk

My understanding U finished you BSc degree in in 2004 July since then U r living (probably) working in the UK. So in your case U have to use your income in the UK not before coming in the UK.

Yes, U could use the income before studying (almost everyone interested in HSMP know about this) if U r in FT study and there is no gap (e.g. U r not working or U r not out of work) between finshing study and HSMP application.

Anyway,
- it is quite unusal (but not impossible) that people with very relative young age (at that time) could earn HSMP level salary before acquired degree.
- U earn this amount in year 2003 (4 years ago). It must be quite large amount at that time (considering inflation rate). People nowadays are difficult to earn the salary demanded by HSMP but U earn this amount in year 2003.

This is not impossible, but I believe many will agree U need strong evidence in order to convince people to this rather unsual matter.

waqaspk wrote:first thing i came in final year credit transfer direct into final year arite secondly you gies should read carefully the rules if your are full time student then your earnings before becoming student would be considered. my god you gies i thought you have knowledge about hsmp you should read th eguidline carefullu please.

thanks
Last edited by pantaiema on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pantaiema

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:19 pm

Have you been studying full time in the UK since you finished your Bachelor's degree?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:41 pm

If you are currently full time student than you can claim points for earnings of period prior to Sep.2003. ( ref: para 39 of annex. C of Guidence Notes).
Take care of para. 40 also.
If you are claiming 5 points for Uk degree than take care of para.68-74.
IELTS would be preferable as a precaution,